Election Over!

copemech

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have much of an opinion on the outcome of the election apart from to say in my opinion, either McCain or Obama would be a huge improvement over BushChaney Corp. (a division of Halliburton Inc.) - and that's NOT a pop at conservatives, it's directed solely at an individual who I believe was astonishingly underqualifed for the job he did for 8 years and clung onto power through the promotion of hate and fear.

Havig said that, I've been fascinated by the bi-partisan political system in the US and have spent the past couple of weeks trawling various well known left-leaning and right-leaning web sites in an attempt to make sense of a lot of stuff I didn't understand. The thing that's really disturbed me is the apparent viciousness and hate on both sides. The left's relentless assassination of Sarah Palin at a very personal level for example and worse, the right's suggestion that Obama killed his own grandmother for votes and following the result, the assertion that "what we couldn't do with our vote, we'll do with our bullets". This wasn't just one site either, I saw the same thing on two, very well-known Republican forums.

Regardless of whether these were simply the extremist fringes of both sides or not, doesn't it suggest that things are getting a tad out of hand and that what the US really needs in order bring some perspective to the whole political landscape over there is a 3rd party?

I've decided to legally change my name to "Throw all the Bums out" I'm pretty sure most folks would vote for me.

I lean way to the right but I've never heard the things you read. Some folks are just nutty. I wish our new President the best. I just can't go along with abortion, gay marriage, and higher taxes......................

I've decided to legally change my name to "Throw all the Bums out" I'm pretty sure most folks would vote for me.

I lean way to the right but I've never heard the things you read. Some folks are just nutty. I wish our new President the best. I just can't go along with abortion, gay marriage, and higher taxes......................

You'll only pay more taxes if you make over $250,000.00 ....................wait , if it's over $200,000.00................... Oh, I was wrong it's $150,000.00................Well Now it's $100,000.00 ........................OK ,it's only the wealthy who make over $75,000.00 will pay more........................Wait a minute, it's now $42,000.00.

These were all numbers mentioned by BHO or Mr. Stick Your Foot in Your Mouth Joe, during the campain, knowing the Dems it will more likely end up going as low as $15,000.00 or lower. But it'll be all better when everybody gets another check for $3,000.00 or so :D from Sugar Daddy Barack

New driving rule in Chicago. If you see a motorcade with police cars, black SUVs and guys with sunglasses talking into their cuffs, don't try to cut it off. One couple tried to drive their tan sedan around Barack Obama's motorcade this morning and found themselves looking at the barrels of Secret Service guns. The Secret Service SUV cut the car off immediately, and the security team aimed their weapons at the car.

You have to look on the bright side, Brian, at least the gays cannot reproduce multiple unwed(*******) children to take more and more welfare dollars that support them!

There are simply some out there that a taxpayer neutering program would benifit! Be proactive! :D

Ok, so i'm gay - so how do you explain what being christian and white has anything to do with it?

You see Ian, the basic structure of human social exhistance is set forth in the ten commandmants of god!

You are white as a sheet!

There are a few in TN that have the same disreguard as you to sex and religeon, we can introduce you on your next trip if you like! Don't bother to bring the wifey! Would not be a good thing! Pagans all, sure you would like them! :D

I've been very impressed that we could have a civil conversation about politics when it's so easy to get heated.

Thanks to all of you for that. Being a straight white male conservative Christian seems to be a rarity today and we are the first usually be "attacked" for our beliefs.

HAM 2, what exactly is the "Redneck American Mentality"? I must have missed that class in school, or maybe it was because it was in 7th grade and none of us make it past 5th grade? I had to quit school to go shoot large animals and make moonshine out at the cabin. I had to make enough money to fix my 1974 4x4 F-150 and have a bunch of kids with my first cousin. Don't laugh, seven fingers on the left hand of little Johny come in handy when he plays his banjo.

:D That's the spirit. ;)

I think I've seen a photo on a t-shirt of you repairing that pick up using a plank and a welder..I'll see if I can find it.

Gawd,I was taunting Cope, expecting some flak(AAA even!) .I wasn't ready for an out-flanking manouvre by the rest of the Posse.

You see Ian, the basic structure of human social existence is set forth in the ten commandants of god!

You are white as a sheet!

There are a few in TN that have the same disreguard as you to sex and religeon, we can introduce you on your next trip if you like! Don't bother to bring the wifey! Would not be a good thing! Pagans all, sure you would like them! :rotfl:

Interesting, you talk about the ten commandments and make the assumption that because I don't believe in God I have a disregard to moral values. ;)

And don't tell me you all obey the rules of the ten commandments ... :D

Brian, my apologies for the rought upbringing mate......because actually the 1975 F-150 was a way better truck. :D

Well the 74 would have been better with the 360 or 390 FE engine instead of the raised deck 351m engine with the 3" main bearings.

Edited by Dabnabit

Election Results In.

Outstanding victory for apathy with 48% of voters

Distant 2nd Labour

Good showing for SNP

Lib Dems / Conservatives - Who ?

The good news is that Emmeline Pankhurst has now successfully been connected to the national grid and is producing enough power to light and heat 50% of Glenrothes homes.

Interesting, you talk about the ten commandments and make the assumption that because I don't believe in God I have a disregard to moral values. ;)

And don't tell me you all obey the rules of the ten commandments ... :D

I have broken the 11th.''.Thou shall not go for the big step on another mans trials bike''.