Election Over!

copemech

Neonsurge,

This is the 3rd Party that I belong to.

Libertarian Party

Funny you should say that. I've had this site bookmarked for a while. It's the only political ideology I think I could believe in but I have some concerns about the practical implementation of libertarian principles. Guess this isn't the place for that discussion though!

EDIT: dfwilson, my apologies for the accusatory tone of my previous post re. Ayn Rand - I misinterpreted what you were saying. I still think she was a nutcase and it's unfortunate that she's so frequently associated with the libertarian movement because although there are some shared principles, it's NOT what Rand was really about. In my opinion of course.

Edited by neonsurge

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found these quite funny

I think this a quote from Winston Churchill, I may be wrong

"If you're not a liberal when you're young, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative when you're old, you have no mind."

Here's some more political quotes which are quite funny....

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'. ... John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right, but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks. .... Jimmy Wales, Keynote Speech, SXSW 2006

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. .... Earnest Benn

Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. .... Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary. ... Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894)

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.... Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

• 2 years later...

Now, in relation to the Politics, I have great hope in Obama. He has by far a greater intelligence than Bush could ever have and has the potential to be one of the greatest US presidents ever. I really hope he pulls it off.

I think we can assume he's "pulling" it off regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Happening now....

The man who received the Nobel peace prize 2009 shakes the hand of the man who has the winner of the 2010 Nobel peace prize under house arrest!!!!

Awkward press conference silence time:

Obama greets the Chinese prime minister(?)and mentions human rights then the translator translates and the Chinese Ambassador just stands still and says nothing in front of the worlds press!! :shutup::ph34r:

There's no truth in the rumour that the state gift to Obama from the Chinese was a 2011 Xispa 280 :hyper: