Endurocross 08

ringo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got beat, plain and simple. Tossed my cookies right there on the track by lap three and I was done. A shot of Jack with Ringo after the race and I was really done. I'll readily admit, I'm way over my head on those tracks. Got my body bloodied up pretty good this year. I left something on every track.

As for Ringo, I've known him a few years and he is one of the treasures in America. Outspoken, but loves the sport of trials and off-roading. And, a good family man. Hat's off to Ringo. He gave me a kicking, Hawaiian shirt and all.

Now, let's get on with the important stuff. Any of you guys want one of my full reports on the real trials riders like Noel, Marvin, Vern, Paul, Nick, Cody, Keith, Ronnie, Harry, Phillip and Patrick?

Expert Feature Season Results. Trials guys in bold.

Pos. # Name Points

1. 15 Ricky Dietrich 136

2. 2 Damon Huffman 131

3. 111 Taddy Blazusiak 99

4. 4 Geoff Aaron 96

5. 8 Colton Haaker 86

6. 3 Nick Brozovich 76

7. 12 Bobby Prochnau 65

8. 99 Jamie Lanza 64

9. 17 Ty Davis 59

10. 551 Phil Smage 41

11. 311 Mike Brown 40

12. 809 Kyle Calderini 38

13. 52 Kyle Redmond 27

14. 56 Patrick Smage 27

15. 42 Eric Rhoten 26

Trailcross EXGC

Finish

1. Patrick Smage, Elkhorn, WI

2. Cody Webb, Watsonville, CA

3. Phil Smage, Elkhorn, WI

4. Keith Wineland, Fountian, CO

5. Rory Sullivan, Estacada, OR

6. Carl Miller, Show Low, AZ

7. Ronald Commo, Toccoa, GA

8. Harrison Oswald, Citrus Heights, CA

9. Noel Smage, Elkhorn, WI

10. Nick Saia, Morro Bay, CA

11. Marvin Edgington, Wichita, KS

12. Cory Pincock, Pleasantview, UT

Edited by City Trials

The real battle of the day was in my second moto.

I was pacing myself to ensure that I would make it through the day when all of a sudden I found myself on LAP TWO in a heated battle with the one and only Cody Webb. I caught a glimpse of him behind me and I went into full block mode to keep the giant behind me. Could this be it? Could this be my claim to fame? I fought long and hard with everything I had [about 2.5 seconds] but finally succumbed to the GREAT ONE as he slapped me upside the head and LAPPED ME!

Congratulations Cody on a fantastic LONG day of racing on both the KTM and the Sherco!!!

BTW Dabnabit, I rode all four motos and NEVER CRASHED OR STALLED and damn near had a clean loop in the morning. As my friend Brian said I was blazing fast except for the obstacles!

After reviewing the video footage, except for doing wheelies down the straights I was in definite contention for the tortoise award.

Also Congratulations to Geoff Aaron for passing and beating Taddy Blazusiak soundly, without question in the Main. For those of you that don't know, Taddy beat David Knight last year for the final, won Ersberg Rode[sp?], won Last Man Standing, etc.

Geoff took the third podium spot behind series points 1st and 2nd place Ricky Dietrick and Damon Huffmon.

During the introductions for the Grand Finale they had the top ten riders set around the stadium amoung the crowd and they spot lighted each one as they high fived spectators. It was pretty cool to see all of our top men come down and humbly greet the crowd until they introduced that kid that was in 10th place. I couldn't tell if it was Tupac, Easy E or 50 cent coming down the isle in shades flashing us.

Speaking of which... Craig did say that he was going to bring me a bottle of Jack but after I took my bottle over to his camp, helped him wrench on one of the bikes for the boys next race and sharing a shot with him I never saw him again. What's up with that???

Speaking of which... Craig did say that he was going to bring me a bottle of Jack but after I took my bottle over to his camp, helped him wrench on one of the bikes for the boys next race and sharing a shot with him I never saw him again. What's up with that???

Its called a one night (shot) stand

Ringo,as cocaptain of Team Smage, I feel compelled to add to Craigs concession speech. I have to agree you were the clear winner in the baddle you fellas had,I was most impressed with yor patience off the gate to let all other riders get well clear before you performed your flaWLESS WHEELIE THE entire 25 YARDS TO THE FIRST HAIRPIN (mADe cool mostly because of the pretty shirt. I was scared when the medics rushed for Craig with the stretcher /backboard but was releived to find he was just suffering stomach cramps or whatever. To his credit he did go home with one of the sweet acrylic ligntning bolt EX awards for being the spirit of EX . I apologize to the riders who worked to qualify in the morning that would have made a better show at night but through the way the system works I got a pre-qualified spot from Ohio . My intent was to actually ride agressively in the main and I did have a jump off the gate on the 2 bikes to my sides but K. Wineland lost his front wheel grip in the 1st turn and I declined running him over so was behind all riders except him right off. Next I had my bars roll way forward over one of the first big log drops so I kind of decided to not push it much. I did end up in the spot where I figure would be logical for me to be with most of the riders being teens or 20 s I couldnt expect much. Glad to be home now and just wishing there were winter EX events being planned in our region. Maybe some year soon there will be other promoters that decide to try it .