More Help

thescoot

can any of you guys tell me how to remove the oil seals from a set of paioli forks. the last set of oil seals i changed was off a bultaco which simply pulled apart after removing the bottom bolt.iv looked for some kind of retaining ring but iether im blind or there isnt one.iv been told not to simply yank away the leg from the slider in case i damage the bushings so how do i seperate them?

Hello scoot, when i changed my seals on my sy i loosend the bolt on the bottom of the stantion & there should be a cir-clip above the seal pop it out & pull them apart.Hope this helps. Did you get a manual if so there should be a diagram of the forks in it.i downloaded mine from the hellteam site.

Thankyou for the advice, If anyone else needs to change the seals on these particular forks you will find that the top section of the legs screws off to allow the stantions to be pulled out.This section acts as the retainer for the seals.Theres obviously a special tool(a pin spanner i assume) but i just protected the area with a bit of inner tube and used a pair of stillsons which worked fine.Thanks again for the replies.