Sy 250 Loose Front Disc?

tom1

my old man's just bought an 05 sy250 2t and the front disc seems to be loose on the hub (when you grab the fron brake you can feel and see the hub and wheel move about an inch even though the disc is locked) bolts seem tight enough and the right length, the shop it came from said ths is normal and they all do it, but on my little ty125 it doesn't!

anyone know if that is the case or is something up

cheers,

Blimey! Trials bikes have floating discs! i thought that was only big road bikes and crossers!!! shows how much i know! lol. the wheel moves about an inch the disc itself moves about 5 mm i'd say. would he disc be worn or something is it the cup wsshers that need repacing??

Sounds like the front wheel bearings may be trash.

The front disc is attached with half thimbles which are secured to the hub with socket head screws. These screws can come loose. If they do come loose they will eventually stick out far enough to contact something and the the fromt wheel will stop instantly.

Cheers

DFW

• 3 years later...

Instead of opening a new thread il thought il post here. My front disc moves a little bit on my beta and I know this is normal but does the rear supposes to do it as well. My rear were loose so I tighten then up and don't move anyone more l, should I slacken the off a little bit.

Instead of opening a new thread il thought il post here. My front disc moves a little bit on my beta and I know this is normal but does the rear supposes to do it as well. My rear were loose so I tighten then up and don't move anyone more l, should I slacken the off a little bit.

NO !