Restoration (phase 1) Complete!

rogerroger

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb bike Roger, you will be making me jealous soon!

Thanks, Jim, but the credit should go to RSC who made these lovely bikes in the first place!

Didn't get to try it at the weekend due to an outbreak of man-flu in the household. I am hoping to make to the Peak Classic trial this Sunday (fingers crossed!)

Roger

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

Lovely bike. Im working one at the moment and the forks seem stiff - I just wondered what you had in store for yours?

What would be the best mods?

Cheers

K

I never got the original forks to work properly - changed them for TLM250 forks and TLR250 yokes from Ellastone Offroad (had to make a new stering stem, but otherwise an easy swap). This has transformed the front end - better steering (less offset angle on the yokes) and much better fork action.

Apart from that it is standard, and works well. Interesting bikes!

Cheers

Roger

Very nice Honda!

Oh, so you changed the forks.. I was hoping to learn about some improvements for the original ones. I think My TL 250 usese the same as the RS. I'm looking since years for progressive fork springs to replace the old 2 ones: very thin 22mm diameter only and 55cm long (tube is 33mm, but very thick and heavy).

Anybody can give me a hint?

Best regards from Switzerland

Patrick

Roger, I would think about the carb , My RS runs a treat on the standard carb and i dont think you would gain much from a new one.

We held our Trial last Sunday and we had SEVEN Seeleys and TWO RS's not bad eh, and in fact a Seeley rider won the trial on TWO marks lost!!!!!!!!!!

very nice job mate, hope i can get my monty,s to a good a standard as that, well done