Trials Around Oxford

thespikeyone

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's practice with HUX (Hillingdon and Uxbridge) down the M40 at Denham on 2nd & 4th Sundays. Berkhampstead MCC (Berko) have their own practise area that is open more frequently, down M40 round M25 a couple of junctions (or cross country if you prefer)

Clubs? Take your pic: Wycombe, Farnham Royal, HUX, K&K, Berko all run trials quite close by. Head up the M40 will take you to Oxford Ixion or North Berks.

Land is an issue, as mentioned, but as all the events are new to you, then you can make up your own mind where you like riding. Its easy enough to ride most weekends without travelling too far.

Watch for Trials at Hook Woods and the Midland Centre events as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for something on the 15 Feb anybody got any suggestions????

It's a bit of a treck for you, but it is still a south midland centre trial. Probably the furthest you will have to go but still be in centre all year.

The Brian Stonebridge Trophy Trial. 1 lap 40 sections all off road. Entries close 10/2 so you would need to be quick. I wasn't going to ride, but as I am not doing the colonial this weekend I will ride that instead.

Run by Cambridge Matchless, details are in the back of TMX.

The Brian Stonebridge Trophy Trial. 1 lap 40 sections all off road.

Sounds like a good one but it is a bit too far and I didn't put an entry in.

I see there is a north hants trial on, what are they like?

Another problem I have found with moving to a new area is you don't know what route to ride. I have been riding the hard route in lincolnshire but how does that compare with the hard route down there???? does anyone know???

Also your grading, novice/inter/expert is that a centre thing? When you go to a new centre do you take your grading with you or start again????

sorry for all the questions

cheers

spike

It's a bit of a treck for you, but it is still a south midland centre trial. Probably the furthest you will have to go but still be in centre all year.

The Brian Stonebridge Trophy Trial. 1 lap 40 sections all off road. Entries close 10/2 so you would need to be quick. I wasn't going to ride, but as I am not doing the colonial this weekend I will ride that instead.

Run by Cambridge Matchless, details are in the back of TMX.

Cancelled

right, I am defo going to the N E London mcc trial this weekend (unless it's a p65/twinshock event) as I have not ridden for the past 2 weeks and I think I'll go a bit mental if I don't get out on the bike ;)

I have noticed the words "Meteor Group" in front of a few trials announcments. What is it?????

Edited by thespikeyone

The meteor group as far as I can work out is a complete waste of time.

It was formed back in the days when there was an abundance of entries and trials land available in the south midland centre, it was a north south split up so two clubs could run group events on the same day.

As far as I can see it is an excuse for old farts to meet up in the pub once in a while and discuss how they spend the levy they get. The other half, think it was counties(?) group no longer functions as far as I know.

The meteor group as far as I can work out is a complete waste of time.

It was formed back in the days when there was an abundance of entries and trials land available in the south midland centre, it was a north south split up so two clubs could run group events on the same day.

As far as I can see it is an excuse for old farts to meet up in the pub once in a while and discuss how they spend the levy they get. The other half, think it was counties(?) group no longer functions as far as I know.

Does that mean the trial will be aimed at the older generation????

Does that mean the trial will be aimed at the older generation????

Not at all the meteor thing means nothing as far as the trial is concerned except that the event will be easier than otc/expert championship but theres not that many of those.

Try it! But be sure to give us your honest opinions after!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Nigel Dabster

but like i said before definately try and get to some midland group trials , not a bad run from wycombe

cheers

I will at some point, I only live at high wycombe at weekends (drive down on fri and back up on sun) so I am trying to keep travelling to trials at a min.

Edited by thespikeyone