4rt Tips For Oil/filter Change #1

hidezertdoug

I was really worried to do my first oil change also. I tried to read all possible information how to do it most convenient way, copied the manual pages about this (although its really useless) and also called importer. In the end I was really surprised how easy it was after all. It took about 20 minutes to do after all the oil was out and although I have to admit that its real tricky to get the filter plate out in correct position, with patient it was a piece of cake. Normally if there is anything Im not sure of, I will take my bike to importer and let them do it. Now when its done, Im really glad that it was a lot less work than I expected. As we need to wait few months before the season starts here in Finland, I have plenty of time to polish and tune my bike. I absolutely love 4RT as it completely changed my experience of riding. Despite oil change kind of issues, that might sound difficult or at least is hard work, Montesa 4RT is fantastic bike to service as there isnt much to do anyway.

Wishing you all excellent season with your 4RT`s!

Edited by JMLFin

I was really worried to do my first oil change also. I tried to read all possible information how to do it most convenient way, copied the manual pages about this (although its really useless) and also called importer. In the end I was really surprised how easy it was after all. It took about 20 minutes to do after all the oil was out and although I have to admit that its real tricky to get the filter plate out in correct position, with patient it was a piece of cake. Normally if there is anything Im not sure of, I will take my bike to importer and let them do it. Now when its done, Im really glad that it was a lot less work than I expected. As we need to wait few months before the season starts here in Finland, I have plenty of time to polish and tune my bike. I absolutely love 4RT as it completely changed my experience of riding. Despite oil change kind of issues, that might sound difficult or at least is hard work, Montesa 4RT is fantastic bike to service as there isnt much to do anyway.

Wishing you all excellent season with your 4RT`s!

Lucky you did'nt run into the gasket issue I had,but the battle was eventually won,besides that I agree piece of cake after youve done it once.