Fibreglass Tanks And Ethanol

stickinthemud

I'm not convinced the super fuels are enthenol free. Google will throw up any answer . Statements from fuel companies are the only thing to rely on , unless you can test it yourself. .. which I'm told isnt hard.

I'm starting to use aspen fuel. Apparently it's pure petrol , no ethenol and the salesmen recon is ace lol. It had a very long shelf life .

My air cooled mono's do run better on it. They run completely steady when hot with none of the weakness that you can get with a hot engine.

They certainly run better on aspen. Whether or not it seeps through fibre glass , only time will tell

If your fuel tanks are clean,you can throw away your fuel filters too. Aspen cans are completely clean when you empty them.The carb on my AJS no longer needs ANY maintenance. Its not cheap, but I think its worth it,just wish I'd known about it earlier...

• Like 2

Aye it is expensive but it offers hope for old plastic and fibreglass tanks , where standard petrol does not.

The turning point for me was a 30 year old bike from spain with a perfect painted tank. I literally filled it with unleaded for 4 hours. Drained it down,shook it out and

left the cap off to ventilate.

One month later most of the paint had lifted. I nearly cried.

I'd never use unleaded on one of my babies again

• Like 2

I use both Aspen types, blue in my Ajay and the orange mixed stuff in my chainsaws and strimmer - its saved them all from death by temper when the diaphram carbs die from ordinary unleaded !

• Like 2

I use Aspen too, to prevent detonation in high altitudes I use the racing mix (99-102), but too the standard mix for the saw and brush cutter.

When I recently needed some fuel for the saw and the brush cutter for some meadow and forest work and went to my local shop they had Husqvarna mix for sale the same indigents, so based on alkyd like Aspen.

It should have a bit more octane (98) than standard Aspen (95) and is much price worthier instead 18€ per 5l just 13€ per 5l. I tried it out with the brush cutter and after 2 refills I'am very pleased smoke free engine is accelerating great stable high rpm no spotting of oil when using low to mid rpm. The fuel is colored and it seems it's really blended with Husqvarnas 2stroke oil as it has the same nice smell. Anyway will try it out to the bikes now when I come home.

• Like 1