Pre-65 Entry

gazer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean 'English' Ross??????????

Big John

The inference in a number of posts is that Scottish riders are favoured, over 9 : 1 would discredit that.

I'm sure that any reasonable person realizes that it would be an impossible task to allocate places, with the exception of past winners etc.

My comment was an attempt to steer the disappointment of not gaining an entry, away from creating a soure note on the build up to what will, I'm sure, will be yet another fantastic event.

Amen

The inference in a number of posts is that Scottish riders are favoured, over 9 : 1 would discredit that.

I'm sure that any reasonable person realizes that it would be an impossible task to allocate places, with the exception of past winners etc.

My comment was an attempt to steer the disappointment of not gaining an entry, away from creating a soure note on the build up to what will, I'm sure, will be yet another fantastic event.

Amen

I agree Ross, and after all, there were (probably) a dozen or more Scots that did not get an entry!

Big John

no one pretends there is a ballot ( not one that would pass scrutiny) the guys run the trial they get to choose who rides whats wrong with that. sure a few regulers ride every year, those with big pre unit rigids with girder forks probably have an advantage too. those riding with thier daughters and grand parents probably have an advantage.

be honest these lads might not know jonny so jonny might not get a ride unless his/ her entry catches the eye. so play the game move to holland enter from there with your daughter both riding rim braked 500cc raleighs circa 1939 include a hard luck story ( as per X factor) with your entry form and you MIGHT stand a better chance

Last time I even bother entering. There's no way there's a ballot if the same names come out of that hat every year.

I think you will find there are quite a number of newcomers in that list, plus a load who have not got in for a few years as well.

If you don't try, you definately wont get in.

Big John

In my opinion the only people that should moan are the Scottish riders, as being their trial they only got 19 entries.

A fact you hear complaints about year on year. Point is unless the committee of the trial guaranteed a number of entries from Scottish Riders they have to go to the ballot same as everyone else.....can you imagine how many more complaints this would bring for unhappy rider from other places..... :thumbup:

Oh well no point in having a moan with no entry again but it does seem ludicrus for the committee to say it's a Pre 65 bike trial when they know well it's nothing of the sort.

There are many genuine machines but perhaps it is time to put a pic of the bike you intend to ride in with your entry but having said that it will not alter the fact there is only 20 or so riders in the actual ballot.

Oh well no point in having a moan with no entry again but it does seem ludicrus for the committee to say it's a Pre 65 bike trial when they know well it's nothing of the sort.

There are many genuine machines but perhaps it is time to put a pic of the bike you intend to ride in with your entry but having said that it will not alter the fact there is only 20 or so riders in the actual ballot.

Picture of the bike, plus exploded view of all the internals including forks ?

Edited by B40RT

Picture of the bike, plus exploded view of all the internals including forks ?

I've got no problem with that, I always use standard kit, nothing special! :thumbup:

My bikes are always open for scruitiny, they are probably too standard for their own good!

Big John