Gas Gas?

jonnyc

hey! i have a 07 txt gas gas 280cc bike and i heard people saying gas gas are bad bikes engine wise is this true???

Generally speaking, I've found that bad maintenance is the problem, rather than bad bikes. All the brands will serve you well as long as you take care of them.

What problems have you had?

Jon

hey! i have a 07 txt gas gas 280cc bike and i heard people saying gas gas are bad bikes engine wise is this true???

No it's a load of old c0ck from the past about the gassers, especially engine wise.

I would say from past experience that they are pretty much bullet proof in the engine.

The only area I personally ever had concerns with was fasteners & bolts etc etc coming loose and needing checking / re-tightening but this was on late 90's early 2000's bikes not the current crop.

As someone else mentioned, look after the bike, keep it clean and WD40 over the bike when washed and and the Gasser will be superb and look after you. If you neglect it then yes you could have issues.

Nothing is great including Beta's (sadly) which STILL leak fuel and expire stators on a regular basis. At least Gas Gas rectify problmes :thumbup:

As Ive said many times on here before Gassers are my favourite bikes, Ive had loads last one was the 01 Pro, had it 5 weeks after 2 ignitions failed and the clutch never bought one since. In my view you do have to keep on top of them, chuck parts regulary at them and make sure everything is maintained well.

i have broke plenty of other stuff on me gasser but the engines class never heard of anyone having trouble with them. it was mentioned earlier about the kick starts try to always start the bike from neutral it's a lot easier for some reason and could save you a bit of expense in the long run. look after it and the bikes are quality put it this way my brother has a rev 3 and my gasser might cost me a bit more per year but i would NOT swap.

Gas Gas are brilliant bikes. Wouldn't change to another. All bikes need looking after well so it depends on how motivated you are to keep it tip top. Personally, i really enjoy working on my bike, tinkering, washing etc etc. When you strip it for a wash or whatever and put it back together and it kicks first time it's very satisfying. Keep on top of things and the Gas Gas will be an excellent bike to you!

thanks everyone!! i never had no problems with mine i like the gas gas i think they are great to ride!!!!

Don't let them psych you out jonnyc. This sport is a mental one and the one thing you won't have to worry about is that engine. Change your oil, clean your air filter, keep coolant in it, feed it fuel and ride it with a smile.

--Biff

i love my gasser. the only problem i had was the kick start spring broke which i have heard is something that happens pre 2003, my bike is an 02. the thing starts by 3rd kick in the winter months , when there is snow and ice everywhere, and usually 1st kick any other time. itll go as long as you feed it, let it breath and keep good oil in it. :thumbup: