Cannucks In The Scottish

outlaw dave

I see that there are Four Canadian riders in the SSDT this year, the largest contingent for quite a while. - The best known of these is Stan Bakgaard, who last rode the event in 1984 finishing 13th on a TY 250. - Stan will be mounted on a Sherco for this year's Trial.

Hi Craig - Yes that pic shows a young Stan campaigning a 200 Monty He competed in a number of World Rounds in the 1980's and also rode a few of the Kickstart events in the UK. - He was twice Canadian Champion. These days, Stan lives in Portland Oregon, and spends his winters in Mexico.

I had a chance to ride the last trial in a group check with Stan last month. Our third guy, Vance Walker wound up crashing so bad the ground shook! Vance was lucky and only cracked a few ribs. He is tough as nails, but he had to call it a day. Stan and I soldiered on through the mud and rain to finish out the trial. I'd say he is still riding pretty well for a guy his age. :wub: Stan is definitely one of my heroes! Go Stan!

I had a chance to ride the last trial in a group check with Stan last month. Our third guy, Vance Walker wound up crashing so bad the ground shook! Vance was lucky and only cracked a few ribs. He is tough as nails, but he had to call it a day. Stan and I soldiered on through the mud and rain to finish out the trial. I'd say he is still riding pretty well for a guy his age. :wub: Stan is definitely one of my heroes! Go Stan!

Tough going, so did you whip the old man then?