The Holidays Are Over. What Riding Is Being Done Out There?

biffsgasgas

Well, in Idaho it's been pretty chilly...20's and 30's in SW Idaho. Rode several times last week. Will try to get out to practice Thursday afternoon. Our regular crew continues their Sunday morning sessions...so no stop here, except to hop or crash. :thumbup:

Mid Atlantic- Well, today it finally got above 40, so I was out on the bike from about 430 to dark. We had our first couple inches of snow Monday, but yesterday got above freezing. Combined with temps today, there wasn't too much snow left. I rarely get out unless it got above 40. My lil fingers just can't handle the cold levers otherwise. (My hands are REALLY small) Did manage to wipe out in the driveway though. Black ice is nasty stuff. Tomorrow is looking fairly good for riding also. After that, its back into the 20s for a little while.

I get to go to San Antonio in March though. I noticed there is a TX event in Houston...

Mid Atlantic- Well, today it finally got above 40, so I was out on the bike from about 430 to dark. We had our first couple inches of snow Monday, but yesterday got above freezing. Combined with temps today, there wasn't too much snow left. I rarely get out unless it got above 40. My lil fingers just can't handle the cold levers otherwise. (My hands are REALLY small) Did manage to wipe out in the driveway though. Black ice is nasty stuff. Tomorrow is looking fairly good for riding also. After that, its back into the 20s for a little while.

I get to go to San Antonio in March though. I noticed there is a TX event in Houston...

That would be a two day State series event, PM me if it looks like you might make it so I can try to hook u up with a ride! :thumbup:

Are you on the facebook?

Down boy, down! :)

Nothing Fresh there Steve, she is a good lass!(DO NOT even mention that I am old enough to be her father) I try to help the youth and women riders in any fashon I can really. Not a problem! If you get adventurous, well I would do the same, all it takes is a round trip ticket!

Seems we may be fortunate to have her moving south before too long! :thumbup:

Edited by copemech

So, finally find time (between all the riding and working on the bikes) for adding a reply from Europe:

I've been riding pretty much every weekend this year so far. Sometimes pretty chilly (20F) but the campfire just has to be big enough or I'm warming my fingers/ icicles on the exhaust after every section... and besides that, just wear warm enough clothes...

or have an really good insulation in your body, the layer of fat workes for whales and the like pretty good :(

Only problem is the frozen ground, never try to jump off and stick the handlebar in the ground to prevent the bike from sliding onto you- won't work (why might I know that :D )

@biff, zippy: It's cold in Germany as well, but WGASA?!! :D

Everyone, have fun riding out there!

FanticMatze Posted Yesterday, 05:27 PM

Only problem is the frozen ground, never try to jump off and stick the handlebar in the ground to prevent the bike from sliding onto you- won't work (why might I know that blush.gif )

OW!

My forks are currently in a many pieced puzzle, hopefully to be resolved before spring. :D

20F would be an improvement I think we are averaging about 14F for highs right now. Couple weeks ago the lows were -13F

We were out clearing sections, for the Houston event, yesterday. Beautiful, crystal clear, 68 degrees! Summers can be rough, but it pays off now. Hope you can make it over for the event. Opening rounds are in Austin, TX next weekend, and then the 3rd & 4th round are in Houston March 7 & 8. Event flyer will be online (www.texastrials.com) in a week, or two, with all the details.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are pretty chilly in Wyoming. I'm busy supervising construction of my new play-room, which will make life a bit more enjoyable. My wife wanted a place to ride her horses indoors in winter, and I want to ride the trials bike, so we are building in indoor arena. 10,000 square feet of level sand indoors should make a good base for some portable obstacles for practice. No heat, but being able to get out of the wind, and under lights in the evening will keep us much happier.

I'm looking forward to a trip out to Moab in March with both trials and trail bikes.

Things are pretty chilly in Wyoming. I'm busy supervising construction of my new play-room, which will make life a bit more enjoyable. My wife wanted a place to ride her horses indoors in winter, and I want to ride the trials bike, so we are building in indoor arena. 10,000 square feet of level sand indoors should make a good base for some portable obstacles for practice. No heat, but being able to get out of the wind, and under lights in the evening will keep us much happier.

I'm looking forward to a trip out to Moab in March with both trials and trail bikes.

Dude, if you can do that, you need a new Sherco to go with it!

Dude, if you can do that, you need a new Sherco to go with it!

Right! Exactly! The logic is so elementary. I couldn't agree more. I NEED a new Sherco!

So could you help explain it my wife, then? (Be ready to duck if she starts throwing things!)