Stolen Aprilia Edinburgh 25/01/09

b40rt

A friend in the area has received an e-mail from the police advising of the theft and asking for information.

Would love to have a look at the data base being used to send out such info, and if its being targeted at thieves ?

Edited by b40rt

• 1 year later...

I'm reading it fella, any update ???

Just a little back ground.

Recovered through an advert on gumtree, Police not interested enough to accompany when I went to get it.

Complaint to chief constable and my MP (Alister f**king Darling) not really made any difference.

Eventually the guy I got if back from was arrested and charged, I went to court on the 22nd April as a witness, accused failed to show up and there is now a warrant for his arrest.

And so it goes on, and on.

Thanks for asking.

Ross

I wouldn't hold out to much hope of anything happening when he does appear, similar case thru here in Dundee, case discharged, makes you sick

Have they stopped dishing out the Dundee justice these days ???

Glad you got your bike back mate, was it still in the same condition as when it was taken ??

Have they stopped dishing out the Dundee justice these days ???

Glad you got your bike back mate, was it still in the same condition as when it was taken ??

Almost the same, apart from the flywheel off and sheared woodruff key, and seized, forks and shock leaking.

But they didn't set on fire, which the really helpful Police man had prophesied.

Thanks for asking

Ross

• 4 months later...

Edinburgh police have now acknowledge there is a major bike theft problem, and have launched "break the cycle" initiative.

What has prompted this, a fourteen year old was killed on a stolen bmw after an extended chase. The actual thefts seem to be of secondary importance !