Robregordo 2009

sotobike_motoclub

Hi all: Sotobike is now working in "Robregordo Classic International 2 Days Trial 2009"

The trial will take place on the 23 & 24 May.

This year 20 long sections per day with a 30 kilometers route will be waiting with the next categories and routes:

Blue route (Expert): 1 category.

Green Route: 4 categories: Twinshock + Pre-82 + Pre-77 + Pre-72

Yellow route (Clubman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving serious thought to doing this event this year, work permitting, now that Scotland is out of the picture.

Has anyone from the UK who has ridden this trial travelled by van using the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao? Does it really take 36 hours which is what the P&O website suggests (although it seems to be 24 hours coming back...?? must be a hell of a wind/current...) I'm not sure I can cope with that long stuck on a boat - boredom threshold may be seriously tested. Isle of Man crossing tests it enough...

The ferry cost is the wrong side of

portsmouth bilbao outbound has called at the channel islands on the outbound trip before now. straight there it is certainly a 24 hr trip.

share the van for travel costs?

for me Big Johns bash is only 360 miles each way and thats very do- able in a long weekend

Edited by totalshell

This isn't an attempt to highjack the Robregordo slot, as it is a great event, having been there three times, I should know. However, I should have indicated where Alvie Estate is on the map sorry folks!

It's only 4 miles south of Aviemore

http://www.alvie-estate.co.uk

Entry forms should be available shortly, visit Inverness website:

http://www.idmcc.co.uk

Big John

Edited by Big John

Giving serious thought to doing this event this year, work permitting, now that Scotland is out of the picture.

Has anyone from the UK who has ridden this trial travelled by van using the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao? Does it really take 36 hours which is what the P&O website suggests (although it seems to be 24 hours coming back...?? must be a hell of a wind/current...) I'm not sure I can cope with that long stuck on a boat - boredom threshold may be seriously tested. Isle of Man crossing tests it enough...

The ferry cost is the wrong side of

Woody

Dont forget as well as fuel cost there will be tolls on the motorways,it sure adds up,

I think the difference in ferry times is because it travels slower at night,than in daylight,

ferry goes out at night,so two nights outward , but only one night back

Thanks all for the replies - the more I think about the Ferry crossing to Spain, the more the travel time makes me wince...

Paul - which company did you travel with from Plymouth and can you remember the cost roughly, type/size of van, number of occupants? The sailing times of the two companies I've checked so far aren't suitable.

Woody there are some pilots coming from the UK that have enough space to bring your bike down to Robregordo. Maybe it is a good deal to share expenses with them and you can fly here. Please email us if you are interested.

Thank you for the offer to help. If I am able to come I will be travelling with friends also, so won't be on my own and we may have 4 bikes to bring with us (I'm definitely taking 2 as I'm not going all that way to retire if one breaks - two breaking would be very unlucky, but not impossible....)

It is difficult to arrange transport of bikes with anyone else as it depends on work situation whether I can come or not, so I can't make definite plans yet. If I am able to come then friends will come with me so we will be ok for transport. I just have to decide which ferry to use, but thank you for your offer to help.

If it is possible, I will be there this year, it looks like a superb trial.

Thank you for the offer to help. If I am able to come I will be travelling with friends also, so won't be on my own and we may have 4 bikes to bring with us (I'm definitely taking 2 as I'm not going all that way to retire if one breaks - two breaking would be very unlucky, but not impossible....)

It is difficult to arrange transport of bikes with anyone else as it depends on work situation whether I can come or not, so I can't make definite plans yet. If I am able to come then friends will come with me so we will be ok for transport. I just have to decide which ferry to use, but thank you for your offer to help.

If it is possible, I will be there this year, it looks like a superb trial.

One of your bikes break down? never!