Rugeley Practice Land !

jonh

I posted a while back regarding Midlands clubs and Practice riding.

Since I started riding again a few weeks back I've visited a few of the old practice areas that I used a few years back in the Midlands area.

Some of you in the Midlands will know and will have used the Rugeley practice area at the Farm on Power Station Rd.

We had a drive over yesterday to ride only to find that the land has been closed for about 6 months !

The main reason for the closure is that certain nearby residents have made complaints regarding noise.

MX bikes were the main cause of the complaints and therefore are no longer welcome.

Upon talking to Ken ( The Landowner ) he told us that he'd been to court and spent a considerable amount of his own money trying to keep his own land accessable to Trials riders.

The riding area is on a hillside and is home to some great riding with a great variety for all levels ! Inc. some very scary Boulders !! (Well.... scary to me anyway !)

My main reason for this thread is to ask any local ( Within 50 miles ) riders to contact me via Email or PM so that I can give them the address of a representaive at Lichfield Council, who I am sure would be interested to hear from all of us in the area regarding the safe and respectful use of Kens land.

I dont want to start a crusade, I just want ask all local riders to put the case foreward in a polite and respectful way so as to help get the land opened again.

Ken has rules regarding riding in certain areas of his land and one of them is that all bikes should be pushed past residential areas until out of earshot.

Ken charges an entrance fee and has a membership scheme in operation that entitles a member to a key to the gate for the whole day.

If you are interested in keeping one of the best and only ! Practice areas in the midlands open then get in touch !

You must own a bike tho ! And you must be aware that the council may decide to call you up to varify that you are genuine rider.

They should also reply to you as a matter of course.

Thanks Very much for your support in advance

JonH

P.S. If anyone has got or has had a similar problem to this please post and share your ideas on how best to tackle the problem ?

• Like 1

• 17 years later...
On 10/18/2004 at 12:24 PM, jonh said:

I posted a while back regarding Midlands clubs and Practice riding.

Since I started riding again a few weeks back I've visited a few of the old practice areas that I used a few years back in the Midlands area.

Some of you in the Midlands will know and will have used the Rugeley practice area at the Farm on Power Station Rd.

We had a drive over yesterday to ride only to find that the land has been closed for about 6 months !

The main reason for the closure is that certain nearby residents have made complaints regarding noise.

MX bikes were the main cause of the complaints and therefore are no longer welcome.

Upon talking to Ken ( The Landowner ) he told us that he'd been to court and spent a considerable amount of his own money trying to keep his own land accessable to Trials riders.

The riding area is on a hillside and is home to some great riding with a great variety for all levels ! Inc. some very scary Boulders !! (Well.... scary to me anyway !)

My main reason for this thread is to ask any local ( Within 50 miles ) riders to contact me via Email or PM so that I can give them the address of a representaive at Lichfield Council, who I am sure would be interested to hear from all of us in the area regarding the safe and respectful use of Kens land.

I dont want to start a crusade, I just want ask all local riders to put the case foreward in a polite and respectful way so as to help get the land opened again.

Ken has rules regarding riding in certain areas of his land and one of them is that all bikes should be pushed past residential areas until out of earshot.

Ken charges an entrance fee and has a membership scheme in operation that entitles a member to a key to the gate for the whole day.

If you are interested in keeping one of the best and only ! Practice areas in the midlands open then get in touch !

You must own a bike tho ! And you must be aware that the council may decide to call you up to varify that you are genuine rider.

They should also reply to you as a matter of course.

Thanks Very much for your support in advance

JonH

P.S. If anyone has got or has had a similar problem to this please post and share your ideas on how best to tackle the problem ?

Did anything ever happen with this?

We used to ride at Rugeley back in the day, it was a great venue.

Would be great to see it opened up again.