Sherco 250 '07 Fork Damping Setting

garethr

I was just wandering if you (or anyone) can recommend a wheel truing stand or other method for sorting out the rim alignment. Also any resources or tips you know of in this mystical art! Many thanks!

I have a truing stand that was made up from square tubing hastily welded together. V-ed out at the top so the axle will lay in. Then some spacers so things stay somewhat centered. A screw with wire added as a guage.

Seems these trials rims are far from perfect many times to begin with. I just try to get them all relaxed and even, then pull on one sideor the other to bring things inline, then relax some if needed, then bring all up evenly and see what you got and make minor adjustsments from there. Seems to me most of this can be done with only the screwdriver on the slotted nipples if everything is working freely. Excess tension negates flexability on a trials bike. Moderate tension and a bit of a ring when tapping the spoke is all that is required so long as it is relatively even. If you must pull one side you may have to relax the other. As long as you get them within a few(2-3 mm), you will never know the difference on a trials bike, as your tires may be out more than the rims.

Hope that helps! :rotfl:

Great! Thanks for the info. My '07 Sherco is still on the original tyres from new (I need to get out more!!!), and the front tyre has had this really annoying buldge that catches my eye every time I ride quickly. I dont notice it in sections as I'm too busy looking for somewhere soft to land!!! :rotfl:

I am hoping to change the tyres for the new X-lite Michelins soon, but notice its only the rear out there at the moment (<mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> have some)... or are they ONLY doing the rear!? Anyway I digress!!!

I found this wheel truing stand by Park Tools and need to find out if it can also cope with cycle wheels so that I can use it for the Montys...

Park Tools Wheel Truing Stand for Motorcycle wheels

If it will... I'm sold!

Great! Thanks for the info. My '07 Sherco is still on the original tyres from new (I need to get out more!!!), and the front tyre has had this really annoying buldge that catches my eye every time I ride quickly. I dont notice it in sections as I'm too busy looking for somewhere soft to land!!! :thumbup:

I am hoping to change the tyres for the new X-lite Michelins soon, but notice its only the rear out there at the moment (<mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> have some)... or are they ONLY doing the rear!? Anyway I digress!!!

I found this wheel truing stand by Park Tools and need to find out if it can also cope with cycle wheels so that I can use it for the Montys...

Park Tools Wheel Truing Stand for Motorcycle wheels

If it will... I'm sold!

You need to ck this closely, as many times I have fount that the front tire is not fully seated on the rim. There is a small casting line on the tire you can use to judge by. These things can be a real pain to seat properly sometimes, and can require special lube to get them to seat! Along with lots of pressure!

I have seen many that were never properly beaded-up from new. Creates a thing as you describe! :lol: