Need Some Tips

lian

Hello everybody.

I ride about 6 months and get some skills in splatters, jap zaps and rear/front wheelie, but i still have problems in positioning myself on bike while doing that.

Problem is in my foot and rear brake pedal. I dont know how is right, but i often hold my toe near pedal not above it and when i bend knees before jump i have more movement of my toes. But!..

When i need to use rear brakes i do not have my toe on the pedal cause cant instantly react in a split second and put it on the pedal, so im making dubs or rear wheel becomes front wheel with bike upside down ;) Not cool!

Do i need hold my foot while jumping on the pedal or what? Im just exhausted already trying to make right technique but with constant change in foot positions.

And when doing front wheelies do i need squeeze bike by my legs to pull it up and don't make jump off pegs? The same while doing splatters, do i need squeeze bike or just keep legs on pegs ~1,5 inch from frame? When i squeeze, my boot become lil burn by exhaust.

So different 3-rd question about clutching. I suffer my finger from using clutch cause i need to gripe lever to handlebar to get engine idling, thus when i learn jump on rear wheel i need to press and release lever to full length (sorry for such speaking i don't know how will be right to say) and in 6-9 cycles of pressing my finger refuse obey to me :D It get so tired.. its not normal. Is right adjustment of lever get moving a little not to handlebars, so i can make short press of finger?

I think clutch should disengage just off the fingers, a full engagement will be well out from that point for a full "pop".

Try sliding the foot off the side of the brake pedal so you can still rotate foot and catch it with toe. Some fix the pedal tip so it angles back slightly! ;)

Try sliding the foot off the side of the brake pedal so you can still rotate foot and catch it with toe. Some fix the pedal tip so it angles back slightly! ;)

Does it mean im doing right when not keeping foot always above pedal? Yes, i can rotate toe to push brakes, but when im airborn my toe is in position lil lower from pedal tip thus it take alot of time (0.5 sec :))) ) to making push and im losing.

Preparing to jump with toe above pedal is not right technique? (but this decrease body motion while bending legs to swing bike :D )

About clutch - Thanks i understand some.. And one more - when im reving to full pop i noted that bike stand still almost full way of releasing clutch lever and only in last ~1/5 start instantly moving. And when according splatter technique i need to slip clutch to raise front end and then fully release clutch to get quick jerk and fly to the moon, i only get smooth but fast riding on back end without jerk of rear wheel to hop!

Edited by Lian

ah i see, i havent tried splatters yet, i didnt know thats what they're called but i found an ideal rock last weekend which starts off about 2 foot high and tapers up wards to about 7 foot so i'm going there tomorrow to have a go. it doesnt seem natural to whack into a rock back wheel first, i think thats the biggest hurdle for me! mind over matter!

I accept Paypal for that tip! $100 usd will do. This tip will disappear within 24 hrs! ;)

Oh, i just have entered site and Thanks God or Thanks to glitch - your message didnt disappear! :D

Thanks man, will try and do my best...

• 3 weeks later...

i have this problem now as well. i was lauching at two big stacked up tyres the other day in 3rd and was stopping the bike just by splatting slightly below the edge with the tyre and this stopped the bike nicely on the top but i want to be able to do it with brakes in case i dont get the height right one time. i'm thinking the brake needs to be rotated slightly lower down but closer to the foot for this? it doesnt feel right to start a splatter with my foot peg in the bridge of my foot, has to be under the balls of my toes to get proper lift. is this right? or is it because i rode push bikes too much when i was younger??

maybe try perfecting throttle control rather than rear brake control, or mod your rear brake lever.

Practice makes perfect, i still mess these zaps up all the time, but find throttle control easier to perfect than rear brake

hope this helps, good luck!

Sam