350 Fan Not Working

16000rpm

Hi I am am new to the forum and have just purchased a 95 gas gas 350 trials,it has a few faults but the main one is a problem with the cooling fan. i have checked the motor and this is ok and i have by passed the switch and the fan still does not work.any help would be appreciated.

Chris

hi, i have this same problem i think. i rebuilt my engine with new main bearings this weekend, put it back together and the fan wouldnt work, so i by passed it with a permanent feed and the fan now works (fairly slowly) but is on permanently and the speed increases with the revs. an auto electrician who was at our house this weekend said the relay is broken but it was all working before the weekend and what he calls a relay, i thought was a reg-rec?

Hi

If you pull the yellow wire off your regulator and remove your red wire from you fan switch and replace it with the yellow from your regulator all works well,of course the fan motor life will be reduced but its a good short term fix to get you out of trouble,i think i will fit a combined reg/rec unit,these can be bought from around

hi, i've fixed mine now, i was confused because there should be two L shaped female spade fittings that go on the temp sens, but i only had one. i tested this random lead that had a positive feed and fitted it to the temp sens and it all worked. i think someone's been bodging!

Cheers

• 1 year later...
hi, i have this same problem i think. i rebuilt my engine with new main bearings this weekend, put it back together and the fan wouldnt work, so i by passed it with a permanent feed and the fan now works (fairly slowly) but is on permanently and the speed increases with the revs. an auto electrician who was at our house this weekend said the relay is broken but it was all working before the weekend and what he calls a relay, i thought was a reg-rec?

hi m8 ive just took my engine out of my 350 and have found it neeeds new main bearings could you please tell me where you sourced yours from and how much they where cheers for your time gasgas350 ^_^