Am I Missing A Part In My Carburetor?

qcowboy

Those who followed my last thread re: carb jetting will recall that I opened the carburetor on my recently-purchased TL320 only to find that the idle jet was completely missing. As I looked at the following diagram, I noted that there is also an emulsion tube that is shown, (part # 9980, labeled number 5 on the diagram) apparently fitted above, and in the same passage as the idle jet (labeled #7). I ordered a selection of idle jets in various sizes, and I also ordered the emulsion tube shown in the parts list accompanying the diagram. The emulsion tube does not fit. It is far too long. The idle jets fit, and the bike runs beautifully with the idle jet in place, and no emulsion tube above it. This leads me to ask: is the following diagram accurate in portraying the PHBH carb that is found on our TL320s? I could also rephrase the question and ask whether any of you who have TL320s have a removable emulsion tube above your idle jet?

phbh.gif

Hi

No.........the SWM does not have an emulsion tube above the idle jet. I think the diagram you have there shows all of the component parts inside the PHBH carb, and also 55 other bits that aern't needed. I will see if I can find a better illustration for you and post it later.

Martin

Hi

No.........I will see if I can find a better illustration for you and post it later.

Martin

Thanks, Martin! I'd appreciate that, and I suspect a number of future SWM owners would appreciate it as well.