Scarborough- Where To Ride?

I live in Leeds, but will be in Scarborough most weekends until June this year.

Where is a legal place to ride in/ very close to Scarborough. I do not want to join a club out there, just want some where to have a play.

Cheers

Join the scarboro club cheapskate.

the membership is worth the use of low north park 10 times over.

I have to echo what has been said -why do people want to spend hundred or thousands on bikes or gear but don't want to get involved in the sport?. Easy trials, proper practice sessions, using proper trials ground with others around to support has got to be lots more enjoyable than sneaking round illegal land on your own.

Best thing to do is check the Dates on the Website. Take the Bike when they have a Trial on. There is one on April the 11th with a Wednesday Night Easy trial on the 22th. May sees only a Wednesday easy on the 20th and June has a couple with one at 11 on the 1st and 18:00 on the 13th. Another easy trial is on the 17th. You have no need to take them seriously and could just run round the course trying the sections you feel comfortable on.

Scarborough dates.

theres nowhere up this way that you can just turn up and ride at. guisborough club have a practice area also but Scarborough's is a lot better.

there's lots of land here but nearly all the places to ride are under the watch of the forestry commission, natural england, North Yorks moors national parks. if we upset them were all f****d. most the farmers are tenants and even if you do find one who owns his land he will want something to go on it so Scarborough would probably be your best bet mate.

another point is it never a good idea to go out riding on your own if you have a big off you could be in trouble? at least at Scarborough theres nearly always someone around just in case.

Slightly off topic but I spend quite a lot of time up the scarborough way due to work and have heard good things about there club and the land that they have use of. I looked on their website a while back and it said about having the consent of a commitee member to join or something?

Whats the score, can anyone join up and have the use of the venue? I would most likely enter a couple of the trials as well if I was up there on work during the week. Can anyone shed any light?

cheers

Mike