Confused

g520

i dont run the lawn mower with that sort of mix... i guesse they covering thier arses .. so far as I know most people run sythentic at 80 to 1 the conversations tend to go that more oil = less fuel = more air mix = running weaker = hotter bla bla bla

I've run SY250's on Silkolene Synthetic for the last six years mixing 16mls to every litre of fuel.

This means that I measure out 80mls of oil for every five litre can. This gives a ratio of 62.5:1

I've yet to have any engine issues even when I've ridden in road trials. However, my advice would be to use more oil to start with and see how your machine performs, you'll get to a figure that you are happy with after a while.

My 03 SY-250 has been fed with Motul 600 or 800 full synthetic at 80:1 with nary a problem since new.

Unless you use smoke as a weapon or for subterfuge to baffel the observer every one in the que will appreciate you using 80:1

Cheers

Doug

Thanks guys.

So I definitely do not have to go 40:1. Makes me wonder why Scorpa recommends it. Maybe they want to recommend something extra-save like Chewy said.

I have been using Ipone semi-synthetic for years on my enduro bikes with great results. I guess I will use it for the Scorpa also and try mixing apprx. 65:1 to start with.

• 4 weeks later...