Gas Gas 270 Txt

krazydayz

i would say its as thick as 2-stroke. the bike has now developed a nasty noise in the motor or gearbox, been out again for a hour and just when i desided to come home it started throwing white smoke out.. (alot of smoke) cut the motor off and it continued to smoke for 2-3 mins.

i have let the bike cool down and it still starts off first kick. dont know how to explain, 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear sound bubbley.. like its flooding.. 4th/5th still have stupid amount of power.

Do a few simple things first, check your plug is tight, if not tighten it up. Done it a few times myself, done the plug in with fingers then forgot to use a spanner on it. If it is tight it could maybe do with a new o ring in there. Do you know if the bikes been sat long? Could just be burning carbon off from it not being opened out enough, happens quite a lot in the bigger engines. Try draining the fuel, cleaning airbox and carb and then using fresh fuel with the correct mix, sometimes if its been sat the two stroke settles at the bottom of the tank.

Does the bike smoke after the engines killed? If so its just carbon burning up! Check its the correct plug too.

If this doesn't work I suggest checking your head gasket and piston rings. New set of rings will always freshen up an old bike!

Let us know how you get on,

Jamie