Gas Gas Clutch Prob

bruce67

hi,can anyone help ,went out today with my son on his gas gas 125 txt pro 2005 ,and i think the clutch has gone ,anyone know where i could get one from please ,tryed ebay no luck would be greatful if any help ,ta

Hi

1. I do think the clutch is still there. its just not functioning.. There are several possible reasons for he clutch not functioning. Post some more information on how "it feels" or react and I`m sure You will get some good advice on what to do.

2. If the conclusion is that you need a new clutch then try the ad on the top of this page... (hint: trialendurodirect.com)

-Jan

hi,thanks for the reply.what is happening is it was ok to start with but after about an hour i noticed when my son went up any steep hills ,when he got near the top the engine was reving high but bike was hardly moving,same thing happened again on the next hill ,so we swapped bikes and when i rode it on the flat i could rev the bike high but it just carried on moving slow ,and at one point i stopped in gear without pulling clutch in and bike kept running,so i just thought it was the clutch slipping, thanks

Ooops... doesnt sound good. I would tried to change oil before changing the clutch. At least once maybe twice.

These clutches seldom wear out. There usually is some other reason for it slipping like water in the oil due to leaking water pump shaft seal.

-Jan

hi,just had water pump replaced and seals about 3 weeks ago ,changed oil about 3 times since ,which shop recomended which has stayed ok .Don,t want to buy new clutch if i can help it ,spent enough as it is thanks bruce,Never had any problems before except when my son has the bike in gear with the clutch in ,he can,t pull it backwards,its to hard being like that since we bought it thanks again

check the seals on the marster cylnder and calliper if thay are ok then try bleedin the clutch you will have to reverse bleed it with a syringe and pipe bleed from the bleed nipple pushing fluid back up to the marster sylnder

i just remembered ,the last oil change was different ,got it of a lad who bought a four stroke said it didn,t need it,but it was,nt open so will that make any difference, didnt think that would make the clutch slip.thanks