Gas Gas Riding.

krazydayz

gasgas 270 txt, i weigh 8st.. very light.

can the bike be ridem at speeds?

all my mates have crossers, they goto wales for a full day open riding. can my gasgas be ridin with the same abuse?

i know its not made for the purpose of the crosser.

can the bike be ridem at speeds?

all my mates have crossers, they goto wales for a full day open riding. can my gasgas be ridin with the same abuse?

i know its not made for the purpose of the crosser.

As to: "can my gasgas be ridin with the same abuse?" question, the short answer is "no", but you can go out with

your mates and have a good time, I'd just be careful of several things:

Jetting, as flat out, sustained speeds will probably lead to detonation and engine damage.

Suspension, as your bike will have a lot less fork/shock travel and damping.

Geometry, as the TXT is made to handle quick at low speeds.

Bike preparation, as to how well you've maintained it's condition.

So, go out and have fun, but keep in mind the limitations of your bike and experience.

Cheers.

Jon

ps. Just to keep things equal, find a good Trials section and tell them to follow you for a while.........

Ride up some bumpy, rocky or steep hills and you'll leave them all for dust :rolleyes:

And remember your bike is a ballerina compare to their diesel trucks on two wheels :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

can the bike be ridem at speeds? ...

Trials bikes ridden at speed can be very tricky if you hit an unexpected bump. I have been riding on and off-road motorcycles for over 20 years and never broke a bone until one day I rode my trials bike through a field very quickly (to fling the mud off my tires so I could ride a rocky section better). I unexpectly hit a rock ( about 1 foot square) that was hidden by the weeds. It bottomed the front suspension with a bang. Then the rear wheel hit the rock, pitched up and hit me in the backside. The handle bars turned full lock to the left, I flew over the bars like superman while my bike was somersaulting behind me. Lucky for me, I landed in a soft spot, and only broke my right arm and partially tore my rotator cuff.

Not looking and seeing where I was riding was the major problem here. :rolleyes: But the quick steering, soft springs, and minimal high-speed damping of the bike didn't help matters.