New Swm

ironraptor04

Hey guys what is up. As you can probably tell I am new here. I just picked up a 1973 SWM RS250 MC and i dont know a thing about them. But i am hoping you guys can help. The bike is in really ruff shape right now. I have been told that it runs but it doesnt have a kicker and as of right now he thought the coil or the plug were bad. Were do you guys get parts for these bikes. I would like to try and restore to as close to original as i can. down to frame color( I think it was orange). so if you guys could help me out here. I am mechanicaly inclined and have a background in bikes . I just dont know anything about this bike. Thanks again any help will be greatly apreciated.

Chris

oh ya forgot the pics P3240154.jpg

Edited by ironraptor04

Hi Chris

Thats a 78 RS250MC you have there, it should look like this.

rs250mc_5.jpg

It has been fitted with a front end from a very early Husqvarna, but whats there seems salvageable. I got your email, and will let you know which parts are easy to obtain.

Cheers

Martin

that bike is a good starting point.i built 2 79 gs bike from alot less! you can get a front end off a late 70`s canam that works and all the plastic you can get in the states from mid west swm..keith has a good amount of new or nos parts..get one more swm back on the track!!!....johnnyb

I am in some urgent need of some parts. I need a new stator and magneto. I pulled off my left hand cover to check it out and there were to loose bolts that chewed it up bad in there. How do i get the flywheel/magneto off also. i will give my aunt a call she works for bombardia also so i can ask her to did up stuff for me. thanks again. and I would like to get this thing running shortly