1st Round Scottish Championships

slapshot 3

Interesting idea, BJ.

I loved the Craiglash Championship trial, however I think the green route would have been pretty tough on a standard P65, so maybe the yellow route would have been more suitable.

Your proposal would also mean the 'Twinshock and Pre'65 Championship' could be split into two separate awards.

And if they wanted, the 'fiddle' Pre'65's could enter as twinshocks since they often resemble them more than Pre'65's!. :rotfl:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting idea, BJ.

I loved the Craiglash Championship trial, however I think the green route would have been pretty tough on a standard P65, so maybe the yellow route would have been more suitable.

Your proposal would also mean the 'Twinshock and Pre'65 Championship' could be split into two separate awards.

And if they wanted, the 'fiddle' Pre'65's could enter as twinshocks since they often resemble them more than Pre'65's!. :rotfl:

Indeed my Swiss friend.

I suggest a separate Scottish Pre-65 championship run on the 'yellow route' may encourage more proper Pre-65 bikes back out of the sheds once more, allowing all the twinshocks to ride the harder 'green route', however with the proviso that a competitor who has a Pre-65 bike can opt to have it entered as a twinshock for a separate Scottish Twinshock championship if they wish, but a twinshock can't be eligible for Pre-65 championship points, makes sense? Gives the competitor the ability to choose which class he elects to ride his 'Pre-65' bike.

I have a spare trials trophy at my disposal lying doing nothing at SACU headquarters for the purpose!!!

What does the SCRMC members think? Over to you Davyboy and Mr Scott...

Big John

Indeed my Swiss friend.

I suggest a separate Scottish Pre-65 championship run on the 'yellow route' may encourage more proper Pre-65 bikes back out of the sheds once more, allowing all the twinshocks to ride the harder 'green route', however with the proviso that a competitor who has a Pre-65 bike can opt to have it entered as a twinshock for a separate Scottish Twinshock championship if they wish, but a twinshock can't be eligible for Pre-65 championship points, makes sense? Gives the competitor the ability to choose which class he elects to ride his 'Pre-65' bike.

I have a spare trials trophy at my disposal lying doing nothing at SACU headquarters for the purpose!!!

What does the SCRMC members think? Over to you Davyboy and Mr Scott...

Big John

ThIs weekend we have our round of the S.A.C.U. support championship i.e. 0ver 40,youth and combined pre-65/twinshock.

Out of an entry of almost 90 I have 7 pre-65 and 11 twinshocks.I don't think anyone is that interested.Is this not the reason why the classes were combined?

Pesonally speaking I do not travel that far to any trials so would not go to Aberdeen area or Inverness for a National trial.Though I ride scrambles as well and cash is short so I am not a good example.

I hope to be at Alvie for the Highland Classic though.

Out of an entry of almost 90 I have 7 pre-65 and 11 twinshocks.I don't think anyone is that interested.Is this not the reason why the classes were combined?

Quite correct they were, some years ago

Even more interesting when about 30+ Scots enter the Pre-65 Scottish and over a dozen complain when they didn't get a ride...hmmm...wonder why?

Big John

Quite correct they were, some years ago

Even more interesting when about 30+ Scots enter the Pre-65 Scottish and over a dozen complain when they didn't get a ride...hmmm...wonder why?

Big John

Its a chicken & egg with me, I dont ride pre 65 more frequently as few clubs cater for them, and its not that much fun if only one or two turn up. Equally the clubs dont cater for only one or two pre 65 riders.

Its a chicken & egg with me, I dont ride pre 65 more frequently as few clubs cater for them, and its not that much fun if only one or two turn up. Equally the clubs dont cater for only one or two pre 65 riders.

Hi B40RT,

I can understand that comment fully. It's just that the new yellow route would lend itself to Pre-65 bikes and the green route for twinshocks. Just a thought for the future!

As you know, the 'Highland Classic 2 Day' caters for both for in effect there will be a green route (primarily as a challenge for twinshocks) and yellow route. Inverness are currently looking into the cost of buying their own cards at the moment.

Entry forms should be available shortly, right idmcc_sec?

Big John

Edited by Big John

I quite agree Ross,we have the same problem with the Classic Club.

Do we set out for the old bikes then make it too easy for some of the modern riders or set out harder for the modern bikes, which make up the majority of the entry,then get complaints it is too severe for the few old bikes that turn up.You cannot please everyone.

Saying that,we had a complaint from a certain rider last year that our A route at Balfron was too easy.He finished on a score of 8 I think,3 slack dabs not concentrating and a 5 at the last muddy hillclimb section.If he was clean all day then ok,but to finish on 8!I only heard about this later,if he had told me I would have told the big-headed .... to f... off!

Hi B40RT,

As you know, the 'Highland Classic 2 Day' caters for both for in effect there will be a green route (primarily as a challenge for twinshocks) and yellow route. Inverness are currently looking into the cost of buying their own cards at the moment.

Entry forms should be available shortly, right idmcc_sec?

Big John

Yes, around Easter probably.

:rotfl: D.

I would have told the big-headed .... to f... off!

Just a few points

The big headed one droped an average of 25 marks per round last year and over 90 at the lochaber round in glen nevis so his comments are not far of the mark

The BAMCC national this weekend was exelent and hope this will be the bench mark for all the rounds

Two years ago no pre - 65 or twin shocks entered the Lochaber national youth/twin shock round yet some rounds get a good entry

Do we set out for the old bikes then make it too easy for some of the modern riders or set out harder for the modern bikes, which make up the majority of the entry,then get complaints it is too severe for the few old bikes that turn up.You cannot please everyone.

That was before the opportunity arose that you could make an easier route for Pre-65 bikes, that was the reason the entries started to drop, because the sections wre set out to take marks off superior twin-shocks.

That is why I am looking at the matter once more, it is some years since the two classes were combined, maybe its time to look at it with fresh eyes!

Big John

Just a few points

The big headed one droped an average of 25 marks per round last year and over 90 at the lochaber round in glen nevis so his comments are not far of the mark

How do you know this? I do not even know who it was.Was it you?

I find it disturbing that the secretary would use that type of language and make such a derogatory comment to a fifteen year old youth rider over a comment that, at the time, was made in jest to the CoC Graham after he rode the last section. Even more alarming is that an SACU official responded by applauding this.

Just to be clear I was actually at the section when the comment was made along with many others.

Moderator hat on.... :rotfl:

Before this gets out of hand can we please stick to the topic.

I'll leave what's there but anymore posts that could be construed as derogatory to any party will be deleted. Westie if you want to challenge either Big John or Davieboy on what they have said then I suggest you take it to a PM, likewise if you don't agree with what I've said then feel free to PM me.

Moderator hat on.... :rotfl:

Before this gets out of hand can we please stick to the topic.

I'll leave what's there but anymore posts that could be construed as derogatory to any party will be deleted. Westie if you want to challenge either Big John or Davieboy on what they have said then I suggest you take it to a PM, likewise if you don't agree with what I've said then feel free to PM me.

Its ok Donald,I really didn't know who it was and was having a joke.

I think Big John appreciated this.

Funny how C of C Graham didn't think it was said in jest.Maybe because he spend a few hours on the saturday setting the trial out ,then spent a good hour on sunday morning with his dad and myself changing some things to ensure everyone had a day out as the ground was white with snow.Then stayed behind to clear up afterwards.

It takes a lot of work to give everyone a day out on their bike,as I'm sure you know Donald.