dixie

I rode a 300 for years. Good enough bike I but sold it and bought another 240.

The 300 is a bit heavy compared to the 240 and I reckon the 240 is more competitive.

I don't think many 300's were actually built before the monoshocks came out, which may explain why you don't see them much. :rotfl:

Only in production for 2 years, so there were probably fewer built than 200/240's. A lot of the 300's I have found in this area were used on sidecars at some point.

Had 3 of them over the years, one of which I later found out was an ex Thierry Michaud works bike !!!! Nice bikes, always prefered the handling to the 240.

Would suit a "larger built" rider like yourself Dixie :rotfl:

Martin

I rode a 300 for years. Good enough bike I but sold it and bought another 240.

The 300 is a bit heavy compared to the 240 and I reckon the 240 is more competitive.

I don't think many 300's were actually built before the monoshocks came out, which may explain why you don't see them much. :rotfl:

I love the motor, and dont like the frame...shocks stick into my fat little legs.

Hence the 340 was born...240 chassis with 300 motor.....I like them alot.

There were close to 25k 240s made. I have no idea how may 300s but I guess less than half.

As the engines are virtually the same up to the last 303s, spares are easily avaible. (300 had motoplat, 301 onwrds ducati ignitions).

The plastic sidepanels are very expensive if you can buy them and the frames are stronger than the 240s. Nice if you can find a good one. Good riders (Phil Wiffen??) are very competitive on them also. The forks were excellent as standard as were the motors and shocks

Hello All, I just bought a 300 2 days ago, needs loads of work but I will eventually get it back to its former glory to sit next to my 200 and 240 - Im not showing off honestly!!!

Seriously though they are great bikes and if anyone has any spares out there give me a shout, luckily mine came with a nice pair of the original sidepanels and original airbox. Plenty compression aswell - so far so good.

Lee -ive sent you some pictures, more to send but email keeps bouncing back saying your inbox is full, let me know what you think ?

Russell

Hello All, I just bought a 300 2 days ago, needs loads of work but I will eventually get it back to its former glory to sit next to my 200 and 240 - Im not showing off honestly!!!

Seriously though they are great bikes and if anyone has any spares out there give me a shout, luckily mine came with a nice pair of the original sidepanels and original airbox. Plenty compression aswell - so far so good.

Lee -ive sent you some pictures, more to send but email keeps bouncing back saying your inbox is full, let me know what you think ?

Russell

Russell

Get the pictures up on trials central.!!

Its good to see a local taking pride in the old Fantics.

Regards

William

Edited by Williamd

Russell

Well looking at the piccies you have some work to do. The stator is a quite rare ducati stator which is good. One on ebay.de for 60 euros. The seller doesnt know if its good and cant use a multimeter! Dooh!!! The plate is not buggered like yours though. The flywheel and cover are VERY rare. Hope you have them. The damage to the crannkcases and fins can be repaired, I wouldnt bother with the fins. Try that southampton man that many bad mouth.

The frame has been chair modded so I hope its straight.....get the grinder out. Sumpguard no probs as per pm. Also Flywheel cover new in plastic.

The forks are 301 I think so look for 300 bottoms or make an adapter. You cse 240 brake and front wheel also, it doesnt have to be 300. 300 Brake is better though.

have fun

Edited by Lee Harris

Forget the flywheel bit. The fins have been ground so a 301/303 flywheel cover and flywheel will fit. The Pork chop parts are getting rare though. Stilll have it? It may be a 303 or 301 engine. No way to tell but better as better porting with 303 best as the flywheel has weights which can be added and taken off.

DSCF1690.jpg

Edited by Lee Harris

Russell

Get the pictures up on trials central.!!

Its good to see a local taking pride in the old Fantics.

Regards

William

Hi William, just posted a picture of my 200, under My 200, have a glance and let me know what you think, Cheers Russell