Bad Times - Having No Luck

krazydayz

Strarted to srip my bike ready for full panel vinyl and new decals, removed the fuel tank and air filterbox and came across a cracked frame :rotfl: further into the strip down i removed the bottom protection plate to discover this was holding the frame together. both 2 front engine mounts had snapped and bodged together with cosmetics hiding it all :thumbup:

im so unhappy :lol:

now im in need of a new frame!

just more money.

does anybody know if i can fit my 270txt'99 into a 125/50cc frame? without tomuch hassel.

Edited by krazydayz

Bad luck mate! Can't you get it welded? The 125's use the same crankcases so a pre-Pro frame from a 125 should be okay, but it might be worth checking out a parts list just to be sure. The 1998 bikes were known to have a frame problem and Shirty had them all replaced FOC by a travelling team of factory mechanics, and the new frames were stronger so I'm surprised you've got a problem with a 99 bike. Hope you get it sorted and back on two wheels soon.