Tubless Rim

laser1

The new GasGas economy bike seems like a good deal, but has a tube style rear wheel. Does anyne have a source /part number for a compatible tubless rim? Im looking to re-lace a tubless rim (excel?) to the existing hub.

Thanks for your help

Thanks Frank - I was told they are using a tube style rim - but it would be really nice if your right. I kinda figured that with all the custom wheels i see here on TC, someone may have a source for these in case I need them. I know a couple of guys planning on getting these bikes and would switch to a tubless setup if we can just get a rim and re-use hub/spokes.

No tube to pinch when running low PSI.

No rim strips/wheel spin/tube rips

Better feel and traction

Just like all the modern bikes for that last several years...

I have not ridden a tube style rear wheel in many years and cant imagine going back to all the issues I used to have with tubes - especially now that the rim strips seem to seal so good on the tubless.

Just changed my first tubless tyre at the weekend, really difficult to break the bead. After that it was so easy. Got a compressor so 80 psi to get it seated was no problem.

Would agree with comments re rim locks, tyres turning and pulling the valve stem, pinch punctures etc However, in actual use cant say I notice any difference in feel.

Would hate to have a puncture in the middle of nowhere with a tubeless.

Quite the reverse, tubeless repair is easy as long as you have the dogt--ds. no wheel to remove etc.

Expand please. Incidentally will parsons russel t--rds do the same trick ? No shortage of them.

No tube to pinch when running low PSI.

No rim strips/wheel spin/tube rips

Better feel and traction

Just like all the modern bikes for that last several years...

I have not ridden a tube style rear wheel in many years and cant imagine going back to all the issues I used to have with tubes - especially now that the rim strips seem to seal so good on the tubless.

I have a `04 280 Pro with said tubeless rear and have to inflate it every weekend before I ride, so must be leaking on the rim somewhere but in all the years with tubed tyres never had any problems at all which is why I asked, many thanks for the reply.

I have a `04 280 Pro with said tubeless rear and have to inflate it every weekend before I ride, so must be leaking on the rim somewhere but in all the years with tubed tyres never had any problems at all which is why I asked, many thanks for the reply.

If your leaking through the spokes - then yes, your rim strip may be damaged/unseated. If you replace it, I like the new ones with the integrated /sealed valve base. Seem to hold air better. However, its not uncommon to have to pump up the tire 1 psi or so before each ride.

When using the tubed tires, what pressures did you run - I'll bet it was higher than on the tubeless. I always had problems when going fast - trying to make up time on the loop and sometimes hit a sharp rock.

:dunce::D

If your leaking through the spokes - then yes, your rim strip may be damaged/unseated. If you replace it, I like the new ones with the integrated /sealed valve base. Seem to hold air better. However, its not uncommon to have to pump up the tire 1 psi or so before each ride.

When using the tubed tires, what pressures did you run - I'll bet it was higher than on the tubeless. I always had problems when going fast - trying to make up time on the loop and sometimes hit a sharp rock.

Hi Laser1, no it's not just a couple of psi it's totally flat by the weekend and yes your right I can never remember running a tubed back tyre at 6psi, this is the first trials iron I have had in twenty years so it's just me not used to all this new technology