Ahrma And Ama At Odds...

caulkboy

In My Limited exp. with The ITSA , I don't beleive ANY Trials Bike would EVER be turned away from a event ... You can always pick a rider level class and just ride exhibition ! I think the only thing you do not receive that way is a trophy ? We all just want to have FUN !!! All the modern folks have to remember are our simple basic real trials rules . (no-stop ) And besides , my bike isn't even Ahrma eligible , so I ride ITSA ,STRA , MTR and anything else I can find ! The stra and mtr events are modern events with twinshock classes , And of course ITSA events main focus is the great bikes from the 70's and early 80's .

Glenn :o Twinshocks RULE !!!

You see Glenn, that is my point, even ITSA has limited itself if even your Fantic does not qualify. At least they are not disallowing folks to ride the events, I just don't think some are thinking outside their narror boxes here. Adding classes is nothing, getting participation is everything! Even through aircooled monos I would think! This IS a VINTAGE bike! This is 2009 dude!

Sure there are some riders that it makes little difference, both extremes, but these are the 10% at the ends of the spectrum.

If I took a good rider like Ray Peters, put him on Ginders Yamaha bike, your Fantic, or a aircooled mono, do you think it would make much difference at the end of the day? Little if any, I suspect. To most of us at the lower end? Those in the middle?

I just gotta get off this whole topic, as it has just served to p*** me off for quite a while, I am just venting! The lawsuit thing from AHRMA is enough to p*** off the Pope! The money wasted! Squandered by lawyers and greed! We as the(potential) riders need a FRESH start and approach if any of this is going to sustain itself over time. Trials has got the short end for sure due to poor insight and forsight! :thumbup:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copey ; ! you misunderstood me ! "You see Glenn, that is my point, even ITSA has limited itself if even your Fantic does not qualify."

Trust me , my Fantic qualifies for ITSA , it's the Ahrma that won't let my bike in ...

Glenn :thumbup:

You see Glenn, that is my point, even ITSA has limited itself if even your Fantic does not qualify. At least they are not disallowing folks to ride the events, I just don't think some are thinking outside their narror boxes here. Adding classes is nothing, getting participation is everything! Even through aircooled monos I would think! This IS a VINTAGE bike! This is 2009 dude!

Sure there are some riders that it makes little difference, both extremes, but these are the 10% at the ends of the spectrum.

If I took a good rider like Ray Peters, put him on Ginders Yamaha bike, your Fantic, or a aircooled mono, do you think it would make much difference at the end of the day? Little if any, I suspect. To most of us at the lower end? Those in the middle?

I just gotta get off this whole topic, as it has just served to p*** me off for quite a while, I am just venting! The lawsuit thing from AHRMA is enough to p*** off the Pope! The money wasted! Squandered by lawyers and greed! We as the(potential) riders need a FRESH start and approach if any of this is going to sustain itself over time. Trials has got the short end for sure due to poor insight and forsight! :thumbup:

Cope:

I agree with you on most of what you said, and yes the way AHRMA handled the law suit would P*** off even the pope............... it's even worse if you go all the way back to how that whole mess started......... but that

Thanks , If I'd bought the rims , would've gone gold or maybe red , But I got the bare rims , still unwrapped for a barter / labor deal , But the stainless spokes are well worth the effort , alot stouter than the stock ones .

Glenn :thumbup:

Excellent reply Slalom, I somewhat understand, although if the AMA article from Dingman is correct and this litigation has stretched out for over seven years at an(combined) estimated cost that well may exceed the cost of every motorcycle that ever participated in an AHRMA event, then someone is definitely riding the baloony pony here and milking it for all it is worth! Nothing personal, I work on cars and trucks for a living, I am accustomed to abuse as well!

Your explanation on ITSA in its current state is probably very accurate and well justified, things being in their infancy. I find it somewhat refreshing that at least someone in your position understands the need to develop and evolve. And Promote! Good to know that someone is watching!

I said I would get off the rant, and I will!

Now Glenn, mmmmm, that's purdy, have you got it dirty, lately? :thumbup:

I see you are #2! You know what that is!

I keep a small O#2 sticker on my plate to remind me! :o

Edited by copemech

:thumbup: Shot Taken and missed ... #2 is the designation for for The ITSA intermediate class I try to ride , And I did win the 08 STRA twinshock B championship (no small challange , as I had a shattered clavicle last year !) So does that mean I should put a #1 on it and confuse everyone or just look more vain than I am ? I actually have 3 different # plates , for the different series I attempt to compete in . I really just like to get out and ride , I don't give a #@%! about #'s and points . I do it for relaxation and stress releif from the everyday world we live in .

And also for something else my kids and I can do together ... (so they don't get mad at me, for the funds channeled into our bikes ...)

Glenn :o

We just held our yearly trials event for the R&T club here in Maryland. It was also an AHRMA points event. Our guy that did the insurance and paperwork stuff said that this was probably the last time there would be a AMA/AHRMA event as we had AMA, D7 and AHRMA points.

There are plenty of vintage events to ride in. Most modern events now have vintage classes so if you just want to ride in events to have fun and meet others who enjoy the sport, who cares who sanctions it!

Please elaborate Craig!!

From the AMA.

"The AMA will sanction and run all the vintage races at Mid-Ohio. This is because the AMA has been notified by AHRMA and Rob Iannucci that they have been unable to settle their ongoing dispute on or before April 30, 2009, as we had previously stipulated to both parties back in February following the AMA's settlement with Mr. Iannucci."

Edited by City Trials

A group of us from the Northern Ohio area of Trials Inc. have volunteered to put on the trials at Vintage Motorcycle Days and the AMA has accepted our offer. As we formulate our plans for this event I will try to keep the Trials Central community informed via this forum.

Dean Siegman