Ahrma And Ama At Odds...

caulkboy

Thanks, Dean. Any major news you got I can put on the TC home page too. Just email me the info. Photos included. cgernhardt@comcast.net

Way to step to the plate Trials INC. (As Ron Commo would say)... Oh, there's a lesson here, fellows. Don't play hardball with the AMA. They'll crunch you like a bug hitting the windshield at 70 MPH.

Edited by City Trials

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A group of us from the Northern Ohio area of Trials Inc. have volunteered to put on the trials at Vintage Motorcycle Days and the AMA has accepted our offer. As we formulate our plans for this event I will try to keep the Trials Central community informed via this forum.

Dean Siegman

Great News !

I'll be able to "enjoy" this one !

:blink:

So....points adding to a championship or just as a single event ?

Well, I don't know what all this will mean for the other AHRMA guys in roadrace or MX or whatever, but at least at this point if the real trials guys can take up the slack, trials may be better off. Time will tell.

I still think the Club, State, Regional, and(now) National series get more folks off their duffs than anything. New blood is a big question?

Dean,

Is it to early to ask what format you will use at Mid-O?

Stop or No-stop?

Will you include 80ies bikes?

Twin only or early mono's?

3 x 8 or 3 x 10 (sections)?

Observers or peer scoring?

Anything else that would help us prepare.

Thanks

Alan

Alan:

Hopefully the rules and classifications will be on the AMA website next week. They were finalizing them this weekend. I'll put a notice on the forum here as soon as they are available.

Dean

Slalom, can you chime in on this, as I am not totally sure what all this means in the big picture with AHRMA's other primary interists.

Are they DONE, as well without AMA support? Or do the roadrace and MX guys continue under their own scheme(and in some cases endless money)?

From what I have read and my impression, AMA is not and has no intention of being in the business of organising events or series. This will be up to the clubs, such as ITSA and its splinter groups such as the vintage portion of the TI group. Is this basically correct?

ITSA rules, club events, AMA series points and insurance(yes, AMA still want's their cut).

Thoughts?

I started a new thread in the USA Trials Reviews & Previews forum for information and discussions regarding the Vintage Motorcycle Days trials at Mid-Ohio. I will be posting all further developments and details in that forum.

Thanks

Dean Siegman

Slalom, can you chime in on this, as I am not totally sure what all this means in the big picture with AHRMA's other primary interists.

Are they DONE, as well without AMA support? Or do the roadrace and MX guys continue under their own scheme(and in some cases endless money)?

From what I have read and my impression, AMA is not and has no intention of being in the business of organising events or series. This will be up to the clubs, such as ITSA and its splinter groups such as the vintage portion of the TI group. Is this basically correct?

ITSA rules, club events, AMA series points and insurance(yes, AMA still want's their cut).

Thoughts?

Cope,

At this time it is hard to foresee what the future has in store for AHRMA, except whatever it is, it will be without me.

According to Dave Janiec

Ehh...I dunno , seems a little tacky hanging around the campfire hold'n on to a number 1 plate .

:moon:

I guess it depends on how long and at what levels you have been competing in AMA sanctioned events...... As someone who grew up racing Motocross in the early the 70's and competed in multiple AMA disciplines ever since, (to me and many others) an AMA #1 plate is the Holy Grail........................ besides, I have lots of high and low tech jackets that can keep me warm around a camp fire.....