300 Pro

sherpa325

HI, i will by buying a new 300 for this years ssdt as i have had a ride on one and i think it would be the ideal machine,loads of torque but super smooth power.the one i had a go on was an ex demonstrator which john shirt jnr had ridden in 03 ssdt,a mate of mine has purchased it.

Not too many people took much heed in the fact that Raga rode that last couple of Outdoor WTC's last year with the 300 motor! With the flat slide carb and some other mod's the 300 can be made to rev just like the 280, but also have the advantages of the big-bore! I would think that it has something for everyone!

:santa1: Steve

:D Sherpa - I had the only GG 300 out in Canada this past summer - It is a fantastic bike, but you do need to do two small mods to improve the starting. Please email direct at daverhodes@shaw.ca and I will tell you the secret. This is the bike that I took to the top of Joss Mountain in British Columbia ( Pictures were on the TA site and are still on the Trials Canada site) The bike has lots of power for any rider - Steve Fracy rode mine which was fitted with the slow throttle. - The round slide carb works great and the jets are cheaper than the flat slide units. I sell Beta - Sherco and Gas Gas - so get to ride most of the new models during the season - buy a 300 and you will love it. Please note the 2004 comes with different forks but there is nothing wrong with the 2003 stock Gasser units, Just back off the preload for break-in....aye Outlaw Dave

Thanks again for all the replys, I did notice on Todo Trial [a couple of weeks ago] that they had an article on the Indoor Trial Des Nations- the article stated that Ragas bike had a different clutch in it and if I have understood the translation the bike had also been 'cut' to make it launch better. PS I have been able to ride a friends 250 03 Pro and I must admit I am not that keen on the bike[basically not much low to mid range power compared to my 321] however the light weight is appealing. No one around here has a 300, the best bike I have ridden to date is an 04 290 sherco, heaps of power right off idle, revs cleanly ,and suspension is a big improvement on earlier models. Cheers