What Bike To Go For

bikemad

Best avoid the gasser's at that sort of money

you cant say that, me and my mate have the exact same bike a 04 300 pro. i have had to chuck a few quid at mine, he has had to spend nothing(except tires). but i do agree with what you say about the scorpa they do seem bullet proof.

Hi, same situation a couple of years ago and I went for a 2004 200cc Beta Rev3. Great bike to get started on, upgraded 6mths ago to a 07 250 Rev3, but starting out on the 200cc really helpedOh and had plenty power. Only thing that went wrong was usual water pump seal, but no big deal. So far 250cc going great. Cheers

Gents, no more my bike is better than yours or Gas Gas is better than Beta etc etc etc

Each type of bike has their merits and the best advice you'll get is to try as many different makes as you can before you decide. While a Beta might suit me, my advice might be pointless to you if you don't like it. Only you can decide what's right for you. When you've decided the look for the best value bike you can get, which has been well looked after and maintained. You'll see if you read through the bike specific forums which little foibles each brand of bike has.

ta

Forum Mod

it doesn't matter, the bike is just the means to the enjoyment. go fo the newest and least used bike from any of the major manufacturers, that way you're really keeping your options open. if you've still got a choice go for the one who's spares dealer is closest, though this doesn't really matter these days as everything is available online with mail order.