Tiger Cub Engine Internals Question

andy m

Quite a lot on the engine side if I remember correctly. The Mike Estall bible has all the detail, but don't have it to hand at the moment.

Bearings are the biggest thing that I can think of, the later points engines were really beefed up on the bearing side as the bronze bushes in the early motors were prone to failure, later models are roller bearing. Then its worth getting a needle bearing conversion on the crank, and that's not possible with an early con rod.

The advice that I was given and that I took was 'If your thinking of spending any money on building a trials cub engine, then find the latest set of cases and cranks that you can'.

I have scanned in a number of useful Trials Cub mods articles that explain most of this without going through the Estall book, PM your email and I'll send them on

Edited by Subira

It's okay thanks I am not building one, I have just sold a road cub and got some early engine parts to shift on and I don't know a lot about Cubs. Thanks .

PS I can see now why early parts are cheap on ebay, I saw some cases go for