Guisborough Summer Trial Series

Me and two of my mates are intending entring this seires starting at Fryup on the 25th of April. Question is for my two mates this will be their first trial and I am wondering how hard it is? They are complete novices they can bearly do wheelies! I am no expert either so I am not sure what class to enter.

I guess they should also join the ACU before the trial? Or on the day?

The summer series trials are perfect for beginners in my opinion. The biggest problem I can see is the large entries that the early events attract, which last year meant a fair bit of queuing - not good for nervous beginners!

But Phil T is the CoC for the first event, an experienced section plotter who always puts good sections on - the easy routes tend to be fairly easy, whilst the hard course also takes a few marks.

I would say go for it and give it a go, last year there were several new starters at the trials I rode/observed at, and all seemed to be having a great time. I hadnt been on a bike for many years but wobbled round and loved it.

I'm sure they will enjoy it, everyone at these trials is very friendly and they are always run with an emphasis on fun and enjoyment for all, by an enthusiastic and welcoming club.

Have fun and enjoy!

Edited by Twistandnogo

the summer series trials are spot on you will all enjoy them. enter clubman B thats the easies route. get your mates to join the acu before they go and i believe you can join the club on the day as the summer series trials are closed to club but the trials are a bit cheaper than normal center trials so you make the club membership back in a few trials. and if you ride 4 of the 5 events you qualify for a award at the end regardless of where you finish, so you can go to the awards night (another good do they put on). the summer series venues are good the CofCs are very experienced and all trials or ex trials riders and they even have a buttie wagon there for a munch before and after ( very important in my book), what more can you ask for. turn up and enjoy it and why you are there ask about there one lapper a very very good trial/day out.

see you there mate. Paul

so long as the weather holds up your in for good ride round, sections for the b class are all fairly easy bar one or two can't have everyone going round clean can we. getting there ,go to Castleton turn left at the tea shop then turn right at bottom of bank, turn right when you get to fire station then follow flags to venue. see youall there should be a cracker, got a new hill climb for those who have been before and several other new sections