Beta 80 Back Bleeding Problem

gasgasjools

Hi,

I'm having real trouble trying to back bleed the clutch on my son's 2009 Beta 80.

I've used this method before on other bikes and have had no problems at all.

There seems to be a problem at the master cylinder, because when I removed

the brake line from the master cylinder I could see a nice flow of fluid coming

out of the end of the line - when pumping through with the syringe - from the nipple at the slave cylinder.

When it's connected back up, nothing is coming through.

I believe the technique is to leave the lever released while back bleeding - which is what I am doing.

I wouldn't have thought that there would be a blockage in the master cylinder,

as the bike has only been ridden a dozen times since new.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcome.....been in the garage all day with bugger all success! :0(

Thanks very much

I had a similar problem when I replaced the rear brake pads on my daughter's Beta 80 (03 model), the pistons would not budge at all. The problem with mine and I think you'll find the same is that the plunger is too long for the master cylinder. In other words when the plunger is resting on the circlip it is still not back far enough to either let fluid in or out of the cylinder. I got round it by taking out the circlip to allow the plunger to drop down just past the little hole. Hope this helps

Jools, guess thats why you didnt make it to Peterborough yesterday! I had a problem with Bobs a few weeks back and when i bled it had no success back bleeding with a syringe. I then tried it by filling up from the slave and pumping the lever to get rid of the air. This worked straight away and its been fine since. Cheers Dean