Queues

rdchair

I was riding yesterday and due to large entry and some of the expert sections, I found we were sat it queues for 5 -10minutes at 4 sections on each lap.

Now I dont mind sitting there as it gives a chance to meet a few other competitors.The thing that really got me was most people left there engines running and (especially the youths) held them at full throttle "to clean them out"

I think some rule should be in position where only up to the third in line can have the engine running. (unless it was hard to push to the start)

What do you think?

I think some rule should be in position where only up to the third in line can have the engine running. (unless it was hard to push to the start)

What is going to be the punisment if you do not obey the rule.

Who is going to make sure that only 3 competitors machines are running at one time.

Who will decide 'if it is hard to push'

I have just had a thought, Perhaps the observer could do this, they dont do much any way.

....cough.....I agree.....cough........entirely....... :thumbup:

It can't be healthy gobbling those fumes, especially in confined spaces likes gullies and trees.

PS

Why DO the youngsters feel the need to sit there revving the knackers off their bikes for ten minutes whilst qeueing? Has no one taught them about mechanical sympathy?

Edited by Fivemeister

I was there as well...Yes the engines running are a pain...........but not as much as people (got to say - normally experts) who park the bike at the front of the queue to look at the section (normally they are on their first lap as most people are on their second or third.....) and then jump on the bike at the front of the queue and ride the section !

Not all experts though I have to say - some play by the rules but some seem to think they are above normal queuing.

Soapbox put away - look forward to next week !

cheers

John.

I was there as well...Yes the engines running are a pain...........but not as much as people (got to say - normally experts) who park the bike at the front of the queue to look at the section (normally they are on their first lap as most people are on their second or third.....) and then jump on the bike at the front of the queue and ride the section !

Not all experts though I have to say - some play by the rules but some seem to think they are above normal queuing.

Soapbox put away - look forward to next week !

cheers

John.

What he said !

I have just had a thought, Perhaps the observer could do this, they dont do much any way.

You must be joking, if they had to keep an eye on you leaving your engine running, they wouldn't observe and you wouldn't be riding

You must be joking, if they had to keep an eye on you leaving your engine running, they wouldn't observe and you wouldn't be riding

I think you have missed the joke and point in BDMC,s post, there is no way of implementing a rule against leaving engines running

its a fair point but its that long since Ham got to a trial he's probably thinkin of the checkout at Tescos :D

Trial :D ????Show me on my Sherco where it says trials bike,no wonder I don't know what it's for !

What is going to be the punisment if you do not obey the rule.

Who is going to make sure that only 3 competitors machines are running at one time.

Who will decide 'if it is hard to push'

no punishment, just voluntary.

Edited by RDCHAIR

It would be quite easy to highlight this on entry forms at sign on or even on the section starts markers, after a while it would catch on.

And while we're at it , let's stop the youngsters clearing/warming their rear tyre, Toni Bou style, whilst in said que!

Because of the risk of sounding old, I'm going to shut up now.