Queues

rdchair

There are similar concerns here in the states but i think we use a lead by example method to try and show common courtesy. In our clubs if you budge then speak up and we tell them to get to the back of the line. Our nationals let the pros go by but for the most part budging the line is off limits. If they are running their bike I usually do one of three things. Lean my front tire against their rear to push the bike over. Sorry I say i dont want your exhaust in my face so i am leaning your bike over. Or if i know the rider i put my hand over their exhaust to grab their attention. Or i just start talking to them in a low voice till they shut their bike off. If they try cleaning their tire with out looking back for other riders i will certainly get them back next section.

Have your club post rules at the start of each section. No cutting no reving unless your next and save fuel by shutting the engine down. Keep it simple. They are kids.

--Biff

biffsgasgas Posted Apr 21 2009, 07:06 PM

Or if i know the rider i put my hand over their exhaust to grab their attention.

And all this time I thought you just liked to grab my tail pipe!! :D

Yep keep it simple, some gentle "reminders" should do the trick, no need to get really upset about it.

Remember we are voluntarily participating in a sport that does expend exhaust fumes.........we all knew about the risk of exposure when we show up.

Besides doesn't everybody love "Aue De 2-stroke"? :D

You can really open up a can of worms with this, we've been through this before.

The ACU has forced us to use unleaded fuel in motorcycle sport, but just do some research on the effect of unleaded exhaust fumes that have not passed through a catalytic converter.

The chemicals used in unleaded are far far worse than the lead they replaced. These chemicals are normally removed from exhaust fumes by the Cat. No Cat means those fumes are still there. Sitting in a queue breathing in fumes is dangerous. Don't think I'm scaremongering, take a look on Google.

Unleaded fuel is nasty stuff.

here,here,im reading this and wondering?maybe you all should ride osets dirt bike fumes are beautiful if someone wants to let their bike run so be it,i like to watch them overheat.

And all this time I thought you just liked to grab my tail pipe!! :blink:

Yep keep it simple, some gentle "reminders" should do the trick, no need to get really upset about it.

Remember we are voluntarily participating in a sport that does expend exhaust fumes.........we all knew about the risk of exposure when we show up.

Besides doesn't everybody love "Aue De 2-stroke"? :huh: