Ssdt Routes

slapshot 3

Looks like the usual mix of fun and nonsense but it's nice to see things mixed around a wee bit. That new bit on Wednesday could be fun and I can't remember the last time there was no Callert or Blackwater in the trial, then again leaves the ground for another year...looks like fun

Meant to say as well, looks like a bit less road miles as well, Wednesday 20 road miles out of 77, Thursday maybe 30 out of the 108 are off road and on Saturday almost all off road maybe bar about 6 miles...fantastic.

Edited by Slapshot 3

Looks like the usual mix of fun and nonsense but it's nice to see things mixed around a wee bit. That new bit on Wednesday could be fun and I can't remember the last time there was no Callert or Blackwater in the trial, then again leaves the ground for another year...looks like fun

Meant to say as well, looks like a bit less road miles as well, Wednesday 20 road miles out of 77, Thursday maybe 30 out of the 108 are off road and on Saturday almost all off road maybe bar about 6 miles...fantastic.

I'd have thought Thursdays run will have at least 45 road miles.

I like the way they're having to do the roughest moor first thing Monday morning, there's nowt like breaking them in gently. I've fought all the way down off that moor going the other way round, so god knows what it'll be like to ride up. I hope no one does a Kinnel & turns left when they get off the ferry :D

" I like the way they're having to do the roughest moor first thing Monday morning, there's nowt like breaking them in gently. I've fought all the way down off that moor going the other way round, so god knows what it'll be like to ride up. "

I seem to remember that not long ago (during the nineties and very early 2000's) Monday was never exactly a stroll in the park and one or two people were of the opinion that a tough Monday got rid of a few on purpose!! I don't subscribe to that view but it certainly got you out of your comfort zone. I think its great that they've mixed it up and managed to find a new group or two (e.g. Roughburn). Monday morning will be a real eye opener for the newbies and unwary when they ride the top sub of Trotters... what a way to start the week! :D

Some of the mileage changes are likely to be due to the refuelling logistics (compared to other years) but the Committee should be congratulated on not turning the trial into a "road trial" where 80-90% of mileage is usually on tarmac. They have overcome all the problems and most importantly retained the key features that make the SSDT the greatest trial in the world. Well done to them. :D

I'd have thought Thursdays run will have at least 45 road miles.

You've done it, I'll take your word for it mate.

I like the way they're having to do the roughest moor first thing Monday morning, there's nowt like breaking them in gently. I've fought all the way down off that moor going the other way round, so god knows what it'll be like to ride up. I hope no one does a Kinnel & turns left when they get off the ferry :D

I have heard it said that the bit over Annat is nasty, remember watching at Trotters a couple of years back the shell shocked looks of people coming off the moor.

Monday morning will be a real eye opener for the newbies and unwary when they ride the top sub of Trotters... what a way to start the week! :D

I thought the same, a bit different to the short ride up the road to the relatively flat but tricky Leanachen sections that have opened up for the last couple of years.

The other interesting change is going to Fersit the other way what are the thoughts of any-one that has rode before about the moor crossing back to Meannanach the opposite way to normal? :D

I thought the same, a bit different to the short ride up the road to the relatively flat but tricky Leanachen sections that have opened up for the last couple of years.

Leanachen was exceptionally entertaining last year with the totally unexpected water levels. :D

Taken there, this is probably about the best photo I've got of Perce. Feet up and, for once, tongue in gob! :D

post-20-1240437494.jpg

OTH - I heard a sluice was left open further up the hill. Was that the case?

Leanachen was exceptionally entertaining last year with the totally unexpected water levels. :D

OTH - I heard a sluice was left open further up the hill. Was that the case?

Yup - all sorted for this year though - we had to ease Thursdays sections at Leanachan last year due to the water levels however this year we don't !!!!!!!!!! :D

hopefully this year Thursday at Leanachan will make up for the disappointment last year when we had to pull them out due to the lost fuel wagon ! - if Perce was riding i doubt he'd be feet up :huh: