99' Txt Electrics

krazydayz

i have removed all electrics and loom from my 99' 270 txt. i now need to install i kill switch.. how does a kill switch work?

also not sure if the thermostat is failing as the fan has never kicked in, i am going to remove the fan for testing on a battery, if the fan is working i will also put this on a manual switch. Is the thick yellow cable the live feed? as my tester reads a 12v feed?

i have removed all electrics and loom from my 99' 270 txt. i now need to install i kill switch.. how does a kill switch work?

also not sure if the thermostat is failing as the fan has never kicked in, i am going to remove the fan for testing on a battery, if the fan is working i will also put this on a manual switch. Is the thick yellow cable the live feed? as my tester reads a 12v feed?

The website: http://www.trialspartsusa.com/diagrams/Kok97to00.jpg should give you the wiring diagram. The yellow wire is for the fan and if you get a consistant 12V DC reading you should be o.k. The problem will be that you may not know when the fan needs to come on, so you are risking potential problems with overheating and if the fan is on all the time, it will have a shorter lifespan, so you may want to consider fixing the primary problem as it may be a lot less expensive in the long run.

A two-wire killswitch, like a YZ250 or KX is best in my experience and they ground to a frame connection under the tank. I use the YZ type and have never had a problem, even in torrential downpours. The older one-wire switches that grounded on the bars often had "shocking" results in wet weather.......

Jon