New Member, North Yorkshire

markc

Hi, my Name is Mark and I bought my first Trials bike yesterday, an 05 Scorpa SY250. I live in North Yorkshire, near Pateley Bridge and I'm looking for places nearby to practice riding and to learn the basics. I'd be grateful for emails from anyone who lives nearby and/or know nearby places to ride. :D

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark welcome to trials i live quite close by near Grimwith Res sometimes go up to Halton Gill to practice but dont know of any land you can practice on around pateley we have a beginers and novice trial on 2nd may at halton gill its a bradford & district trial , come along and have a go, Paul

Hi Mark welcome to trials i live quite close by near Grimwith Res sometimes go up to Halton Gill to practice but dont know of any land you can practice on around pateley we have a beginers and novice trial on 2nd may at halton gill its a bradford & district trial , come along and have a go, Paul

Hi Paul thanks for the reply. I've been up to Arncliff which appears to be nearby Halton Gill, perhaps I'll be able to get out there on May 2nd. How does it work, do I just show up? I've seen a place on the right side of the Ripon road (B6255) just past Fellback going toward Ripon, but don't know anything about it, I would love to know more as it's just a couple miles from where I live. I also heard of a place near Ripon and the M1, but haven't been there.

yes just turn up,,, are you a member of any clubs yet and have you got a ACU licence.

I'm not a member of any clubs nor do I have an ACU license. I just bought the bike this week and it's my first trials bike.

Mark

Welcome Mark.

Have a look at www.Bumpy.org.uk

It's about 5 mins along M62 from A1.

Has a good mixture of land to ride on and caters for all levels,

from 6 year olds learning to ride a little auto 50, to 16 year old stars (that make me green) to 60 years olds just out for an enjoyable ride.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, my Name is Mark and I bought my first Trials bike yesterday, an 05 Scorpa SY250. I live in North Yorkshire, near Pateley Bridge and I'm looking for places nearby to practice riding and to learn the basics. I'd be grateful for emails from anyone who lives nearby and/or know nearby places to ride. :rotfl:

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear you've started the sport. I live in Pateley Bridge, and if you've never ridden before go along to some of the local clubs trials and I am sure they won't mind you riding round. The two main clubs running the trials around locally are Ripon MC and Horsforth Trials, both have websites so get on and see when the next trial is,

Fray