Sooner Cup Update!

copemech

Day one results for the $5000.00 purse!

Patrick Smage 9

Cody Webb 21

Josiah Mizell 92

David Mizell 111

I thought we would see Ronnie Commo, and Kieth Wineland, yet no. Those Mizell kids will be proud to earn their share of the pot. :moon:

Day one results for the $5000.00 purse!

Patrick Smage 9

Cody Webb 21

Josiah Mizell 92

David Mizell 111

I thought we would see Ronnie Commo, and Kieth Wineland, yet no. Those Mizell kids will be proud to earn their share of the pot. :moon:

Well,

After being drenched in the rain all morning checking PM (Intermediate through Master) section 5 (good SSDT weather here this morning) I was able to take a few Pro photos.

Pat had some trouble after running the first three sections of the Pro event as his bike broke the reedcage and it took a little time to get him going again, but it obviously didn't hold him back. Tomorrow should be lots of fun as the weather is scheduled to clear out some.

Jon

Similar styles at the Sooner Cup between Cody and Patrick...

Cody:

IMG00147.gif

Patrick:

IMG00148.gif

And a piccy of Patrick flying across a 10 foot water hazard - notice the reflection of the rear tire in the water... 3rd gear launch...

IMG00149.gif

Sadly I think the WTC needs Pat more than Pat needs the wtc.

Take a look at the matching photos. Start with the feet on the pegs. Cody's toes point downward. Pat's are flat with the pegs. Cody is stiff. Pat's knees are bent. Pat's back on the bike enough to maneuver the bars. Cody is jammed right up to the bars.

It's not that Cody is stiff - it's just he just forces and manhandles the bike. Pat plays the bike like a classically trained musician plays his/her instrument. Cody, he rides like a rockin' roller. Two very different styles, indeed.

As for Nigel's above comment. Coming for him, I'm stunned.

Interesting thing about that water crossing... one of the Mizell boys taco'ed a front wheel on that landing.

Sunday's Pro scores:

Patrick Smage:1

Cody Webb: 8

Josiah Mizell: 60

David Mizell: 52

Pro Overall for the Sooner Cup:

1 - Patrick Smage

2 - Cody Webb

3 - Josiah Mizell

4 - David Mizell

Pro purse payouts were as follows:

Patrick: $2,320

Cody: $1,392

Josiah: $1,102

David: $696

Dustin Land of AVTA (Kansas) received a $500 purse for placing 1st in the Expert Pro support class

The Texhoma Trials club would like to thank all the riders and spectators for attending this year's somewhat humid event.

Edited by clarkp

Just got home, what a weekend ! On saturday Cody took a swim up to his neck, got up shook it off and smiled ! Priceless. Patrick took a 5 in the same spot on his next attempt, wet boots.

I would like to thank Jerry Clark for the use of his 4-wheeler for the weekend we call it the handy cap mobile. Stapped a spare parts box to it and my tool back pack just in case it was needed.

Cope ? Where were you ? City Trials I had a bottle of wine for you, but no show, maybe at the nationals. Time for some hydrocodone.

Cope ? Where were you ? City Trials I had a bottle of wine for you, but no show, maybe at the nationals. Time for some hydrocodone.

What did you break now Ron?

I had planned upon coming up Sunday, untill it p****d rain on me all day Sat and I could not even manage to get the truck loaded! So I basically copped an attitude, saved the trip money, and worked at home untill I went to work at the airport! :moon:

Edit: Fixed Copey's quotes

Edited by Slapshot 3

Copey, you are sounding old dude!!! If I stayed home everytime it rained, I would never ride at all! :moon: Your gettin soft dude, you really need to come up north for some R&R and go to trials rider boot camp!

Steve

PS. Congrats to Pat and Cody!

Oh, I know, yet I am not just complaining about rain, it was severe! At the airport, there were planes displaced(thankfully nothing major), hangar doors blown off, and even the fuel sign blown totally off its base. It was nasty! Power went out for hours!

At home was another deal, trees down inthe neighborhood, pool was flooded with debri and I had much cleanup to do as well as fixing some other issues. Just too much!

Good news is I did get the wifey to stay in and clean the house! :moon::wall:

Copie you missed a good event ! The only problem with the event was to many people in some of the pro sections, no problem with the 4 minder that should be there but then there would be a dozen want a be's in the section also. I tore the medial muscle in my right calf, it controls your ability to move quickly like jump or run and even walk. Very painful ! You'll like this part Copie I get an injection in the stomach each morning for 3 weeks. So it looks like i'll sell the Evo 4-t and wait for an 2010. Not happy I really like my 09 4-t.

Copie you missed a good event ! The only problem with the event was to many people in some of the pro sections, no problem with the 4 minder that should be there but then there would be a dozen want a be's in the section also. I tore the medial muscle in my right calf, it controls your ability to move quickly like jump or run and even walk. Very painful ! You'll like this part Copie I get an injection in the stomach each morning for 3 weeks. So it looks like i'll sell the Evo 4-t and wait for an 2010. Not happy I really like my 09 4-t.

I tend to agree with you, Ron. The sections were neat and spectator friendly, but the top of Section One looked like they were having a square dance up there.

Heal quick, Ron, or Esther will have to carry YOU over the threshold on the 24th......:moon:

Cheers.

Jon