Strangest Thing Found In A Section

mattylad

A couple of weeks ago I was riding in a trial in Luxembourg and was waiting to ride a section when the observer shouted me to stop.

The previous rider had got a bit off line and started to dig out a hole.

He got down to something a bit more solid which was a steel canister two foot long and about 8 inch diameter.

You've guessed it a second world war shell had been unearthed!

No worries the day must go on so someone picked it up and I'm not kidding you threw it to the side of the section.

Drama over section clear, I can tell you I certainly didn't go off line!

Anyone got a story of a similar nature?

A couple of weeks ago I was riding in a trial in Luxembourg and was waiting to ride a section when the observer shouted me to stop.

The previous rider had got a bit off line and started to dig out a hole.

He got down to something a bit more solid which was a steel canister two foot long and about 8 inch diameter.

You've guessed it a second world war shell had been unearthed!

No worries the day must go on so someone picked it up and I'm not kidding you threw it to the side of the section.

Drama over section clear, I can tell you I certainly didn't go off line!

Anyone got a story of a similar nature?

Yipes!

That's a lot more exciting than the venomous snakes we often find in our sections. Usually they are only a problem for the people setting up and clearing out the sections, all the critters are generally gone by the time the event starts. It does, however, help keep the scores low as nobody really wants to dab..........

Jon

We had a trial years ago, about the third section was a fairly deep mud/water hole. So this rider crashes right in the middle of the slop, falls off and gets completely covered in mud and water. A few sections later (mind you this trial was at a sawmill) there was a huge sawdust pile that had been layed out as part of the section. This guy gets to the top of the pile, does a full dismount and rolls to the bottom. He looked like he was tarred and feathered! He was not happy to say the least, but it was pretty funny.

Found a 'clear' once, seems quite an illusive beastie! :P

Used to find them quite regularly, seem to becoming an endangered species.

Wonder if I could get a grant and do a ten year study ?

Remember a few years back at a local club, a mate riding round to put start and end markers on a section marked up the day before. He turned a corner to find some poor chap hanging from a tree having decided to end it all. Don't think he was a trials rider having a bad lap .