Inverness &dist Pre 65 Trial

gregrsv

Hi

Has anyone here had a go at the pre 65 trial up aviemore way that Big John does, ive heard its good but im not the best with the old bike and its not the best with water!

Are the sections easy or hard , are they mostly burns like the trials up here for the more modern stuff or is it a mixture. i've an old crusader for years using it up the hills etc locally but ive fancied having a go at a trial with it.

Is there any pics on the web of the event last year and who do i contact for an entry?

Cheers

Greg

Hi

Has anyone here had a go at the pre 65 trial up aviemore way that Big John does, ive heard its good but im not the best with the old bike and its not the best with water!

Are the sections easy or hard , are they mostly burns like the trials up here for the more modern stuff or is it a mixture. i've an old crusader for years using it up the hills etc locally but ive fancied having a go at a trial with it.

Is there any pics on the web of the event last year and who do i contact for an entry?

Cheers

Greg

http://www.idmcc.co.uk/

Ridden it twice and intend to do so again this year. Mixture of sections including some water. Good weekend, not a huge course but fairly demanding in places. Big selection of bikes and abilities. Greeves comes over from Spain to ride it, which tells alot. Two routes, pre65 & twinshock.

There were some pictures on the http://todotrial.mforos.com/65594/7217291-...e-para-el-2008/ dont know if they are still there.

Usually camp across the road with several other riders.

Hi gregrsv: The Highland Classic is a great trial and Pre-65 route is perfect for those bikes. We made a report of the 2008 edition in www.todotrial.com

go to "Clasico" then in the left to "Zona 2 - Competicion" and at last to "Highland Classic 2 Days trial" there are some pics there and a description of the 16 sections (maybe with the automatic translator English sounds funny....).

I will be there, hope to meet you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to ride Pre-65 class on the BSA, Feet-Up Dave has now entered on the Tiger Cub.

I was going to prep up a 250 Bultaco (1974, model 124) but I haven't got enough time, I will prep it anyway as it is a nice bike with a very nice Homerlite tank seat unit in original finish!

See you all there!

Big John

• 2 weeks later...

The course setters were out today at Alvie planning the final routes and sections. Looks like being a good one.

Two routes: A & B.

A is for twinshocks, B for Pre-65 machines and twinshocks for no awards.

All classes catered for even specials. British bikes up to 1970; foreign up to 1964 classed as Pre-65.

Youths may ride twinshock bikes or Pre-65 up to 125cc.

Big John

Entry forms here:

http://www.idmcc.co.uk/forms.html

Edited by Big John

• 2 weeks later...

Those who chose not to come up to Alvie at the weekend...you missed a right good weekend of sport in the Highlands. I have to say that it must be the friendliest clubman classic in the calendar. Thanks to all who attended, see you all next year!

Good to see a mixture of twin-shocks and Pre-65's too!

Date for the 2010 edition to follow on my avitar!

Big John

I'm sorry I missed this trial this year as I rode last year (on saturday at least until I hurt myself).

My poor finances dictated that I could not afford a 2-day trip to the Highlands.(my Husky motocross engine self-destructing recently did not help)

Glad to hear it went well.Maybe next year.