Beta 250 2008 Cutting Out Down Hill ?

brno

Ive got a Beta 250 REV3 2008.

It has had a engine rebuild after only meeting from dropping it in the water, buggrer !! It has been professionally rebuilt in a dealer garage but from then on it has had this problem of cutting out while going down hill just in the worst place of a section. As far as I know the carb has not been touched during the rebuild? Should I be looking at the carb float setting or tuning maybe.

I have since herd this might be a common problem with the Beta but not had any information as to how the solve this issue.

Please help as I keep dropping a five in sections when the bugger cuts out !!

my 08 does that as well, the carb is spot on, been checked a few times by myself and others. it didnt do it from new but started after a couple of months. my 05 250 and 04 270 did the same as well. its very frustrating when it happens in a section.

i am so fed up with carb problems i will be switching to another brand for next year. :P

Edited by paul w

This happens on evos, and the cure is to move the plastic breather pipe that you can see half way down the carb into a vertical position. Fasten it up with a zip tye. It usually hangs down. I don't know why but it works. All the top lads do it!

could you please post in a photo, this does my head in aswell!!! and i dont realy know what you mean

is the float bowl extencion any good for getting rid of these problems, if so it must be woth the investment

Edited by johnkennedy