Bad Habits

kt250guy

Hello

I'v been considering buying a trials bicycle but I'm afraid I'l pick up bad habits for its motorized counterparts such as uneven peg weighting from pedaling.

please tell me any bad habits I might pick up if I were to take up bike trials.

Not too many. I started bike trials to help my moto riding. And to start off it helped tons. I know ride my bike more than my moto. The only thing you'll have to do is remember that when your on the moto you rely a lot on the power of the motor to help you up things. On the bike, your not going to have that. Just spend some time and both and their shouldn't be much problem.

Edited by JTrials31

I've been riding motorbike trials for about 5 years but not much for the last 2/3, certainly in the last year I've only ridden the motorbike about 4 times max, but every time I do get out on it I've improved loads just through riding my push bike all the time.

You don't really pick up bad habits because they're so different, the only time I've seen that happen is when motorbike trials riders try to ride their push bike like motorbikes. :thumbup:

i have had quite a bit of bike trial to moto transfer. ive been flicking my gas gas around a bit like it would the bicycle, and my gas gas weighs more than me (by about 20 pounds)! i find the bike helps keep my balance good and helps me with how to position my body a bit.

now after the bicycle i can almost get my gasser to balance on the rear wheel! :(