Need Help With Different Skills

Hi all i am really new to trials and was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to do slow wheelies standing up.

Another thing was hopping around, i can lift the front a little bit but can't move it from side to side, i suppose that is to do with balance aswell i don't know.

I also need some tips on how to position myself better when turning really tight.

sorry for the questions, cheers Bradley.

Welcome to trials - only the toughest bike to ride cleanly!

One trick for wheelie is to steer the bike with peg pressure. Press down on one peg and the bike will go that way.

When you hop the bike up throw your hips to the side.... then jerk the bars over so the wheel slightly over travels your hips.... so when it all lands you end up balancing again. Easy to type. Hard to do.

Turns. Avoid dropping your shoulder to the inside....... Very little weight on the wrists. Stand tall & slightly bow leg. Lean the bike onto the inside leg. Keep the outside knee out form the bike and DO NOT turn your shoulders.

Hi

Try looking on the wwwtrials training centre. this USA site gives you all the info on the basic technique and more. Gives you a start, and its too cold for you to go out today, probably snowed in. you will have to google it to find the correct address of the site.

I dont know how the Kaikoura 3 day is going as the weather forcast is for heavy snow down to low levels

Pete

Hey guys thanks for all the help.......... the kiakoura 3 day is going good with no snow so far but it is raining with wind so it not going to be good today but ill see.....it is really nice to see that all the trials community are there to help as i found out on the 1st day of kiakoura, everyone was just so welcoming...... a lot different from motocross or trail riding where everyone just barges past the new comers...only done one small trial and loving it!

Hi guys,

That's a first for this site I think, an all kiwi thread - bril. Brad, see if you can latch onto someone who rides trials in your area for going out practising with, best way to learn.

Bye, PeterB.

Humm that doesn't read so good does it... ah i don't know what i ment to say... it is a tough technical motrocycle sport....you don't have to ride a clean bike to clean a section?

Cleaning everthing. Don't be afraid to move up a grade to keep the brain stimulated.

Agree with Peter - find someone to ride and practice with, preferably someone who is a better rider than you so you learn.

Flipp'n heck it is snowing at my place 250m above sea here in HB. I'd say the lads at the Kaikora 3d will be getting cold nads as it really does get cold there. Big cold southerlies for tomorrow are forecast. Brrrrrr. Still I'd rather be there than here. Sigh.

Snow, hail, rain and wind at Kaikoura 3 day trial but all are loving it!? Steve A is losing cricket scores in Inters but is still in one piece......just!?

If I'm still alive tomorrow I may post some results.

Yeay go Steve A, International trials star.

Bit of hot off the press news now......

The inaugural extreme city enduro, organised by Chris B was held yesterday up in Auckland, with a free trip or entry into the upcoming Ausrtrian round for the winner I am told. Ex trials riders topped the results with a very chuffed Rory Mead taking the overall honours from Chris Birch, who had a few hold ups getting past fatigued, fallen riders. Worthy of mention was the two trial bike entrants who rose up through the many heats taking seconds and thirds to progress to the final no less. Well done to Paul Barnes for 6th overall and to Philip Shilton for I believe 7th spot, showed what you can do on a trials iron. Stacks of crashes kept the estimated 5,000 city crowd entertained, even through the bitingly cold southerly - I had to wear a jacket. Paul had a job getting up one of the wooden bridges that became very slippery with little run up, later on and had another off when he dabbed into a deep hole. The German enduro rider on his neat looking BMW finished up in the top 5, not confirmed at this stage. Even got about 15 secs coverage on the TV1 News.

Ta ta, PeterB.

Hi Chris, I'm coming over to Yorkshire from NZ next week so I could tell you all about it if you want. Please send me your email and contact details via this site and I'll try to contact you before I leave on Monday.

Steve