Recommended Petrol/oil Mix For Gasgas Txt250?

incognuity

How much oil per 5 litres of petrol should I use? I'm all new to trials bikes but a friend recommend 3% oil to petrol.

The bike was empty of fuel from being out on it yesterday so I filled it up with the 3% mix this morning but I soon found the bike very stuttery - e.g. in 1st gear on level ground with the clutch fully out the bike almost wanted to stall. The tip of the exhaust was also very oily.

Is this a sign of too much oil? Would 2% be a better mix?

would 75ml be good for all years?

Also, any reccomnedations for oil brand and type.

Andy.

there's a point, i would think 75ml would be okay for all years but perhaps an older bike with a bit more play in the engine would'nt hurt to run a little extra oil to be on the safe side just might be a little smokier, i'm sure someone will clarify that though :thumbup: as for oil type i always use putoline mx7 or the mx5 the mx7 is fully sythetic and the mx5 is semi synthetic if i remember correctly, the mx7 is a little dearer by a couple of pound per bottle, the putoline is good qaulity and you would'nt go far wrong with that.

I'm no expert though mind, but there are my thoughts on fuel ratio and brand.

Hope that helps

Steve

Just seen yours is a 2005 from your introduce yourself post, so 75 ml will be ample, double that and perhaps the fuel mixture would be out causing it to stall so for 5 litre's you would need 1.5% of oil.

Cheers, Steve

Cheers Steve. Yeah the bike is a 2005. The bike was stalling a lot today which was annoying... I thought it was just me! lol

The 75ml per 5 Litres should work well (use a full-synthetic premix oil).

You also may want to re-set the fuel screw (engine warm and in neutral, quickly blip throttle from tickover and adjust screw in/out to get best response) and set the tickover speed with the engine in 1st gear and the clutch lever pulled in the "normal" way (not all the way to the grip, but usually in with one finger to the knuckle) and you shouldn't have any stalling problems.

Cheers.

Jon