Mota Event (metro 6/7)

I say just give Biff a straight shot to make it across the pond. That should make a great spectator section!

Sorry Biff but you have it coming. New sections are always great to have. Thanks ahead of time for the work involved!

The sections are perfect of course, would the hard working Metro crew do anything less????? We are on the north side, parking is off Merill Rd. just like last fall. Most of the stuff will take a little rain, if we have a lot of liquid sunshine we'll have to ease off a bit on a couple of em. I am hoping the forecast changes before Sunday but if not we're saving the hills for last minute setup.

Bringing 5 enthusiastic trials riders in my rig this weekend!

And remember, I'm the guy who needs a Snorkel, I will pack a mask and flotation devise, Biff was my witness!

sam

Sam Posted Today, 09:17 AM

Bringing 5 enthusiastic trials riders in my rig this weekend!

And remember, I'm the guy who needs a Snorkel, I will pack a mask and flotation devise, Biff was my witness!

sam

The more riders the better!!! :( Hope they have fun.

So is the snorkel in reference to the swim taken with the Unicycle or did something happen at the Training session in Niles that has yet to be reported???? :)

Metro,

What a FUN event!! You guy's really did a great job on the fun yet challenging sections. As usual, BC and I went at it all day long and had a lot of fun. Thanks again for a great (FUN) event. - Don

I had a blast!!!! :)

I rode great (my score does not reflect this) OK I rode great at certain points in the day But I am VERY happy with those points in time. :(

Great Event. And if my information is correct I am the ONLY ADV rider to NOT go over the bars on the first log of section 8. (I know amazing ain't it)

Ok, so it wasn't perfect...... seems like the ADV scores went high and EXP was a little hard perhaps. I have a question, I know there were a few bike failures that resulted in DNFs but there were a BUNCH of INT riders that did not make it to the end. Too hard? Bikes quit? I would love some input. If you want e-mail me direct or post here. Good or bad I like to hear about it. Please give me details if a section or two were out of line or were really fun.

gasgasmi@att.net

Craig

Craig,

The Expert sections where spot on!

I know 2 of the Intermediate guys sign up so they can follow there kids, they are not actually riding the event other than to enjoy the loop and abide by AMA rules.

Once again, I had a blast other that staying up till 4:00 am draining gas out of my diesel truck, but the Howard brothers sure are fun to hang out with. We had a wild time! :P

Woops! I have been so busy at work (still here at 8 pm by the way) that i forgot to check TC and look at all of this biff talk! hahahahah Love it.

First off expert was right on the money. There was some talk about tightness of markers but i look at it this way. Sure it may be too tight but its that way for every body and nothing was impossible. Makes me a better rider.

As for intermediates i brought two and both broke bikes. Neither break downs were the fault of the trials. I have never seen a gasgas run at wide open throttle for over 2 mins but when it stoped it was very sudden. Looks like we are piston shopping now. DOH! Pats bike started spewing oil so i think a lower end seal or center case gasket broke. DOH number 2. Looks like i got my mechanic hands full for a while.

Sam on the other hand had the best adventure of them all. Getting ripped down the highway by a couple of the Howard brothers must have been a ride. When you have to make beer and jack stops and the trip takes only 20 mins you know that it must have been scarey.

I have a plan for my next mud section. I dont know if i can pull it off but you all may enjoy what i havein the works. We shall see.

THIS WEEK METAMORA!!! What a great month for riding this is! Then its off to Tennessee!!!!!!!

--Biff

Hey there GasGasMi. Say whaaaat? The Milford bunch thought it was fantastic event! Jeff won ADV by a point and said it was probably the most fun day he's had. His score wasn't much higher than normal either. Dennis DNF'd in INT cause he cramped up - not a result of the trial. He's primarily a road-race guy and is rather beat up from it all. He knew going in he probably wouldn't finish but did it anyway.

Both Dennis and I had bad gas issues and started late having to pull his carb apart trying to figure what